III) Prologue: Control

PROLOGUE
CONTROL

     THE STENCH OF BLOOD was prominent in the room and the Black Siren's breathing was rough but heavy as she took a moment to examine the scene

     THE STENCH OF BLOOD was prominent in the room and the Black Siren's breathing was rough but heavy as she took a moment to examine the scene. Her normal dark clothes were covered in the scarlet liquid blood was, the colour staining her pale skin as well.

She tugged the knife out of the last man's chest and smiled as she watched the last sign of life drain from his eyes.

Footsteps padded against the wood floor behind her, making the siren look up to see her partner standing in the doorway. He too was covered in blood, his silver arm stained with red and it creaked slightly as he loaded the gun with another magazine filled to the brim with bullets.

The blonde female turned back to her work and focused back on the pale and cold bodies in front of her. Blood dripped slowly off her knife, making a faint sound as it padded against the floor.
The oak wood planks and torn wallpaper were splattered with the blood and it looked like a scene from Scream, as a result of Ghost Face.

Behind her, The Winter Soldier watched her with admiration and curiosity. Her blonde hair was tangled and stained with the blood of their victims and sweat dripped down her face.

Suddenly, police sirens echoed through the streets, taking their attention away from their separate distractions.

The Winter Soldier turned back to the Black Siren, his piercing blue eyes burning into her greyish ones. He extended his metal hand to her and the blonde rose, nodding with the devil's stare and gladly took his hand in her own.

With the pair stepping out of the small home, red
and blue lights rushed down the quiet streets causing the Winter Soldier to load an explosive into his gun.

However, the female placed a hand on the gun and pushed it down, disconnecting her hand from his and stepping in the street. Her lips flicked into a sickly sweet smile and her eyes narrowed at the street, she watched the lights come closer and closer.

The solider watched his partner, an explosive still in hand in case but he knew he wasn't going to need it.

The police cars skidded to a halt in front of the Black Siren and a gruff voice commanded her and her associated to stand down. Officers scurried out of their car, taking cover behind the vehicles with pistols tightly in their grasps.

She smiled wider and took a deep breath, taking in the sound of the commands along with the soft chirps of birds in the night before letting it go. She let out a strong scream, her vocals piercing through the night and shoving the vehicles and officers back. Faint ripples flowed through the air from her cry and she grinned triumphantly as she let it disappear.

The Winter Soldier stepped forward and grabbed the siren's hand again, making her move. Under his mask, he had a small smile of admiration spread across his lips, admiring the work the Black Siren did. His metal hand was cold against her pale one but the siren didn't let it bother her, him leading her away and allowing the pair to disappear into the night.

The Black Siren wasn't the innocent girl she once was. She was someone that didn't know when to stop and with a type of blood lust hanging over her, no one could stand in her way.