THIRTY FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

      LAUREL LAUGHED AS SHE SAW the old SHIELD carrier break through the clouds, large enough to hold the Sokovian residents on

She didn't know much about SHIELD but she remembered seeing the vessel, unsure of whether the memory was from Black Siren or her before it all.

Pietro rushed towards the edge, grinning widely at the vehicle. He took a moment to take the view in before rushing back into the city.

"Nice, right? Reyna suggested it so, pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch," Steve stated, a long breath of relief flowing through his mouth.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Along the side, the carrier allowed small lifeboat crafts to fly out, gliding them through the air and setting down in the city.

Jade flew down in front of Natasha, Laurel and Steve, eyes wide and mouth slightly open in shock as she watched the carrier. Pietro sped by her, looking at the vehicle again.

"This is SHIELD?" He questioned, not looking back at the three Avengers.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be," Steve clarified, missing Natasha sly smirk towards Laurel. The Canary returned it.

Jade chuckled, edges of her lips peeking up into a tight smile. "Perhaps this isn't so bad."

"Let's load 'em up."

With Steve's instructions, the small group scattered, moving deeper into the city to find citizens and usher them to the lifeboats that sat at the edge.

Jade led one to a building she knew to be populated, zooming down to the ground she greeted Clint and made way for the craft. It slid through the air, gently setting down and when ready, the two moved people from the buildings.

"Come on, let's go, that's it," Jade murmured, Wanda now at her side as they helped many Sokovians climb on board.

🎶

     "YOU THINK YOU'RE SAVING ANYONE?" Ultron mocked as he punched Thor before grabbing onto Melissa neck, the Superhuman being on the ground with the oxygen knocked out of her. "I turn that key and drop this rock a little early, and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that."

Ultron threw Melissa to the side, the hybrid slamming into one of the pillars with a grunt. She coughed loudly, tentatively touching a sore spot of her head. She pulled back to see red coating her fingertips from the deep cut across her forehead.

"I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast, I am running out of things to say," Melissa glanced over to the demigod quickly, confused. "Are you ready?" the struggling stopped and Ultron straightened his back, looking at the Asgardian prince in a confused way too.