THIRTY FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

      NATASHA, BRUCE AND REYNA PAUSED in the underground area, hearing the distant rumble and watching as small rocks roll down the walls

"We have to move," Bruce urged as the walls shook around the three.

"You're not gonna turn green?" Natasha clarified, disappointed at his reluctance to do so.

Bruce's eyes flickered to Reyna for a moment. "I've got a compelling reason not to lose my cool."

Natasha glanced back to the journalist, seeing the fear but she noticed the understanding she had. Shifting to the side, she allowed Reyna to step forward, placing herself in front of Bruce with rosy cheeks as she tucks her gun in its holster.

"I love you, Bruce," she blurted out, placing her cool hands on his cheeks and pulling him close.

Their lips met in the middle, Reyna letting her eyes fall shut as she felt the warm feeling in her heart and the care through it. But she couldn't make it last long as she knew there was a city to save.

Disconnecting it slowly, disappointingly, Reyna gently pushed Bruce back, feeling her heart ache as she watched him fall. He tumbled down a small pit near them, loosing sight of the two women.

"But, we need the other guy," Reyna frowned, eyes glued to the opening as Natasha walked to her side, ignoring how awkward her presence was. "Sorry," the Vigilante murmured, noticing Natasha looking uncomfortable.

"It's fine," she reassured, casting Reyna a small smile. "Congrats." The journalist out of the two blushed, turning back to the pit.

A distant growl echoed through the closed in room, making Natasha and Reyna stepped back. The Hulk made his appearance, leaping to the top and landing in front of the two without hurting them.

"Let's finish the job."

🎶

      PIETRO RACED DOWN A NARROW alleyway, Jade followed far behind in her own small tornado. With the speedster destroying small amounts of robots, Jade caught the falling parts before they could hurt someone and placing them to the side. It was a system that worked well.

Above, Melissa soared over the city, having left Thor to help on top. Her heat vision burned down and into more of the suits, surprisingly, working this time. The heat pierced through robots and she used her strength to tear others apart.

Laurel continued to run through the city, canary scream shooting through the robots and over civilians. She clambered onto one of the abandoned cars, encountering a handful of the robots watching her.