THIRTY THREE

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

      LAUREL WAS THE LAST ONE on the jet, cleaned up and now with a pistol on one side of her hip and her staff still on the other

      LAUREL WAS THE LAST ONE on the jet, cleaned up and now with a pistol on one side of her hip and her staff still on the other. A gun would be more affective then what a bo staff would be, at least that was her theory. The jet's back door closed quietly behind her, lifting them into the air and sending them off to Sokovia.

She could easily feel the heat rise in her cheeks as she made eye contact with Steve, the super soldier's own cheeks turning a light pink at the sight of Laurel.
She sat down beside Jade, who sat across from the twins, trying to hide her blush by turning to speak to the sorceress.

"Where'd you find the suit?" She asked, admiring the golden suit that fit Jade perfectly.

She shrugged, pointing to Reyna who was already deep in conversation with Bruce. "Ask her."

"It looks good," Laurel complimented, giving her old mentor a nod. Jade smiled.

"Ultron knows we're coming," Steve spoke up to his team, catching the attention of the group as they glided through the air. "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for, but the people of Sokovia didn't. So our priority is getting them out," Jade looked up to the twins, easily recognising the fury and determination that decorated his features at the mention of their home. "All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them-"

"And we can get the job done," Laurel murmured under her breath, smiling warmly at Steve, who took notice of her words. It was the first mission she had taken in over ten years, according to Natasha and Clint, where it was for the better good, saving people instead of killing.

"We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us," Steve continued, stepping through the jet as he addressed the Avengers. "Ultron thinks we're monsters, that we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him, it's about whether he's right."

🎶

WITH THE AVENGERS NOW IN Sokovia, Ultron was obviously alerted of their presence, but he didn't attack.

Wanda worked with her mind control abilities, red aura flowing from her fingertips and through the city. It swooped into homes and shops, commanding the civilians to make swift exits from the city. With Pietro alerting the police department, having to go in twice after the first as they didn't believe him, Jade flew over their part, using a stronger wind to push more people to the exit. It wasn't strong enough to knock the people over, but it did make them speed up.

Melissa, Thor, Bruce and Reyna were heading for the inside, going to Baron Strucker's old base of operations, two going to search for Natasha as the other two headed for Ultron himself.