SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

      LAUREL AWKWARDLY ADJUSTED HER RED JACKET, a gift from Natasha for Tony's amazing party he decided to throw for Thor

LAUREL AWKWARDLY ADJUSTED HER RED JACKET, a gift from Natasha for Tony's amazing party he decided to throw for Thor. She really didn't want to attend but the ex SHIELD agent was persistent, convincing her it'll be fun.

"You look great," Natasha insisted, stepping behind Laurel and resting her head on her shoulder.

"It's better than a dress," Laurel sighed, her eyes travelling up her body in the mirror.

She wore a pair of leggings that really showed off how long her legs actually were, along with a pair of black boots. Under the red coat, she wore a striped short sleeved top, the sleeves hanging just below her shoulders. Her power dampening bracelet definitely stood out against the red, the metal being an eye grabber. She hated that.

Laurel flicked at the bottom of her coat, frowning at the different piece of clothing. The leggings were fine because she usually lived in leggings or loose pants, but the coat was way different to what she usually wore. But of course, she was very thankful Natasha didn't force her to wear a dress.

"It'll be fun Laur," Natasha reasurred, patting her friend's shoulder as she backed away, heading for the door. "You'll get to meet new people... drink, oh! Meet two of the original Avengers... And... I'm sure he'll-"

"Don't even mention Steve, Natasha," she interrupted, pointing and accusing finger at the red head. Natasha laughed gleefully, stepping out of the room with Laurel behind her, closing it behind them. "We're just friends."

"Sure..." she trailed off, pursing her lips.

🎶

UPBEAT MUSIC BOOMED THROUGH STARK TOWER as Tony's party was well underway. Guest filled the top floor of the tallest building, enjoying the music and company of the different types of people that were invited.

The deafening music and inaudible chatter filled Laurel's ears making her feel even more uncomfortable then what she was. Obviously, Laurel wasn't a social person, she knew she was definitely an introvert rather then an extrovert (whether that be because of Hydra or not she didn't know). She'd much rather be in her room, listening to some sort of tune as she curiously hacked through different databases. The dirty blonde woman knew that hacking was illegal, especially with the databases she'd hack in to, but she didn't care. She was just that good to not get caught.

"See? This isn't so bad," Natasha laughed softly as she noticed Laurel's emotionless stare move around the filled room.

"This really isn't my type of scene, Natasha," she murmured, following quickly as Natasha took a seat on one of the luxurious white couches.