THIRTY SEVEN

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

      AFTER THE BATTLE IN SOKOVIA, many of the Avengers thought it was time for a small break

      AFTER THE BATTLE IN SOKOVIA, many of the Avengers thought it was time for a small break. Melissa was being treated for severe blood loss and a broken rib at one of the top medical facilities, Reyna refusing to leave her side. Tony already planned to focus on his relationship with Pepper rather then being Iron Man, Thor also making a plan to leave and search for the other infinity stones that had been spotted throughout the galaxy.

Jade also made her own plan. After experiencing the loss of someone she saw as a son, and declining the offer to join the Avengers, she thought it was best for her to spend some time alone to regain herself. It was something she felt she needed.

"Do you have to go?" Wanda murmured, walking beside Jade. The sorceress sadly nodded, feeling it was best for Wanda to stay with the Avengers.

"I'm sorry, Wanda," Jade whispered as they stepped onto the lawns. "I need sometime spent alone and I think staying here would be best for you."

Wanda exhaled sadly though her nose, looking down at the golden necklace she hadn't taken off since the faithful day. She went to do just that, before Jade moved her hands back down.

"Keep it," she said, smiling warmly at the younger girl. "It suits you." Wanda tilted her head, confused because she knew the value the piece of jewlery had to Jade. The sorceress laughed before picking up the charm, staring down at it before flipping it over, grazing her hand over a small button poking out of the gold. "And if you ever need me, you just press this and I'll come straight away."

Wanda reluctantly nodded, not wanting to see Jade go.

Jade gently rested her hand on Wanda's cheek, giving her a small smile before pulling her closely and into a tight hug. "Now, you be good for Laurel, okay?"

Wanda's wrapped her arms around Jade, burying her head into her chest. "I will. I love you Jade."

Jade's eyes widened at the words, muscles seeming to tense but she forced them to relax as she ran a hand through Wanda's straight hair, her smile turning into a grin. "I love you too Wanda."

🎶

        "THE RULES HAVE CHANGED," STEVE states as he, Laurel, Tony and Thor walked through the long halls of the new Avengers facility

"We're dealing with something new," Tony added.

"Oh, the Vision is artificial intelligence," Steve said and Laurel rolled her eyes, realising what they were referring to.

"A machine..."

"So it doesn't count?"

"No, it's not like a person lifting the hammer," Tony explained, glancing over to Steve.