Chapter 1

Eren's P.O.V

"Come on Eren! Wake up!"With a yelp and a jump, I was a jumbled mess on the floor, and I groaned as Mr Smith slammed the door.

The puppy shot up in alert and looked around before running towards me and showering my face in licks. I giggled and did my routine before sprinting down the hall, and making it to the meeting hall in two minutes and fifteen seconds.

I left the dog in my room, and he was happily munching on half of my breakfast when I left. I entered the room as quietly as I could and blended into the crowd of other maids and servants.

"... you two," he pointed to Historia and Ymir in the front of the group. "laundry duty." They both smiled and bowed."Petra, as usual, you'll be in charge of bringing the meals to the royal family," I looked over at Petra, and she had a smirk on her face. She was probably excited about the prince.

"Wait a minute..." Mr Smith trailed off, and I snapped my attention back to him, feeling myself getting full of curiosity. He was squinting his eyes, seemingly not believing what he was reading."Um... right. Petra, you will be delivering the meals to the royal family per usual." Petra breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Except for Prince Levi." Mr Smith finished.

I had to try my best not to fall on the floor and die of laughter at Petra's face. She was a mix between horrified and confused, and let me just say it did not suit her."He has requested a servant other than Petra. Eren," He said my name, and I turned to hear what my chore was. "you are in charge of the dishes, but since that's one of the easier jobs, I'll have you bring him his meals for the week."I almost fainted.

I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I am so freaking dead she's going to kill me!

Sweat rolled down my face as Petra shot me a glare that could kill even the strongest of soldiers. She looked insane. Probably because she was.

-+~•~+-

I walked down the hall while holding the tray of food, and looked down at it. It was a tray made of pure silver and the handles were adorned with rubies and emeralds. The actual food was... it was so fancy I didn't even know what it was! All I know is that it looked really weird. There were crispy brown strips of meat next to a weird yellow substance that looked like it had been throw up and a hard piece of bread with blueberries in it and pieces of sugar on the top. I felt myself mentally drool at the thought of eating this stuff. I've never really had anything that wasn't what I like to call 'slop'. It's what I eat for every meal of the day and it's filled with nutrients but it tastes like soggy oatmeal. Stupid posh people.

I reached the huge study that the prince was rumoured to lock himself in and spend weeks at a time inside before knocking lightly."Come in." A deep muffled voice said from inside. I took in a very deep breath and gingerly opened the door with my head down. My hair shadowed my face and I spoke no words as I set his meal down in front of him. With a sigh of relief, he looked at the food. "Thank Maria you're not Petra. That girl is the most annoying woman I have ever crossed paths with." I can relate.

"What was that?" He asked, seemingly bored. Oh, Maria, I said that out loud! "N-Nothing your highness," I mumbled, and he raised a slim black eyebrow.

My hair fell in front om my face, and I quickly swiped it out of my eyes. He furrowed his brows and his steel-blue eyes clouded over with curiosity and amusement ."Look at me." He said, clearly waiting for something.

Dang it dang it dang it dang it dang it dang it I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead

"I'm waiting, brat." He said clearly getting fed up, and I fumbled my hands together before looking up. He stared into my green eyes while I watched his cold grey-blue ones inspecting my face before he gave me another smirk. Or at least that's what I thought it was. I'm not sure.