Chapter 3

Eren P.O.V

When I got to my room, it was still a wreck, and the servant had dropped off the puppy, who was happily gnawing on the broken chair leg.

I sighed and sat down on the floor as he came up to me. I smiled before staring at my arms and untying them. It was a horrid sight. There were pieces of cloth stuck to the bloody scratches which were scabbed over and some were also turning grey.

This isn't good.

-+~•~+-

"Get up!" Mr Smith yelled from outside. I shot up, my hair falling in front of my eyes. The puppy shot up as well and was immediately on alert. I pet his little head and heard a grumble.

It came from my stomach. I hadn't eaten in two days. I was starving, to say the least. With a sigh and a pair of shaky legs, I walked out into the hallway before making my way to the meeting hall as usual. When I got there, Mr. Smith had a worried and concerned look on his face.

"Okay, everyone! I have some important news today. The system has... changed." He yelled to the group of servants, who all gasped and whispered among themselves.

"Right. The royal family and the head servants, including myself, have come upon the agreement that the current system is a little... well, crowded. With so many maids and butlers doing so many different things, the halls are often crowded, certain areas blocked off for seemingly no reason, and other inconveniences for the royal family. So we came upon a solution. Each family member will have three maids and butlers assigned to them, and these servants are sworn to serve them and only them. Now, the decision is mostly up to the royal family on who serves who, and with the proper steps and decisions, we made up our minds." He paused and looked at all the faces, each looking hopeful.

"We have made our decisions, and have assigned twelve servants to the royal family." He finished, and the maids and butlers started to giggle and daydream about the handsome prince or beautiful princess. This caused me to roll my eyes at their childish behaviour, I mean it's not like I'm hoping to work for prince Levi or anything, right?

"Now, since some of our ladies and gents have a little problem with jealousy, we have decided to alert the servant of choosing by letters, so, unfortunately, I cannot announce the decisions." He said, and almost 89% of the servants pouted, and one even stomped there foot.

I curled my lips into my mouth to suppress my laughs, and Mr Smith glared at the selfish and irritating men and women. I fixed my hair moving it out my eyes again, as he announced chores, but to my surprise, my name wasn't called.

There's no way...

I shook it off as a coincidence and walked back to my room. Maids and butlers got free days sometimes when they weren't needed, so that had to be it.

But then again, a bunch of other people hadn't been called. I shook my head once again and continued to walk down the hall to my room.

When I opened it and stepped inside, my foot made contact with something that made a crinkling sound. I looked down and lifted my toes before turning my foot with my heel. It looked like a letter, and my facial expressions were overcome with utter shock.

There is absolutely no way-

My thoughts stopped as I bent down to pick it up. My name was written in beautiful calligraphy on the back, and when I turned it around, it was sealed shut with a scarlet stamp that looked like the Shiganshina's symbol, two wings overlapping each other one black and the other being white.

With shaky hands, I opened the envelope, and read it, my thoughts going a million miles a second.

Dear Mr Eren,