Prologue

Eren's P.O.V

"Eren!" The head servant yelled as I was awoken from my slumber.

I catapulted off the bed and fell to the floor like I did every other morning, and tripped since my legs were tied in the blanket.

"You have five minutes! No more, no less!" He thundered before his footsteps faded away.

I sighed.

Time for my morning routine!

I flung my blanket backwards and watched as it fell onto the bed. Not completely smooth, but smooth enough to my standers anyway it's not like anyone ever comes in here.

I ran for the bathroom and went crazy, one hand brushing my teeth while the other took care of my hair. On top of that, I used my elbows to open the wardrobe door and grabbed my uniform with my foot before kicking it onto the bed. With a twirl, I gently closed the door with my foot and spat out the minty liquid into the sink.

After washing my face and smiling at the reflection, I used the water to tame parts of my hair and ran to the bed, almost throwing the uniform over my head.

I grabbed my shoes on the way out the door and hopped down the hallway one foot at a time as I struggled to get the shoe on each foot.

"That took three minutes and twenty-two seconds! Too long! You get extra punishment for that!" Mr Smith bellowed as I staggered into the meeting hall, almost face planting.

The other maids snickered and whispered as they made fun of me, per usual.

I rolled my eyes as I vanished into the group of people, almost as if I wasn't even there.

And that's what I wish I could do.

Disappear.

"Okay, everyone! We have a lot to do today! So be prepared for some hard labour." He yelled over the laughs of the servants, quieting them almost immediately.

He started assigning people with each other for certain tasks, and I zoned out."And we have an odd one out, again." He added quietly though I still heard him. He paused and I looked at him. "You're on garden duty." He said, and I sighed, earning smirks and snickers from the surrounding servants and maids. It's not that I didn't like gardening duty it's just really messy and do you know how hard it is to clean theses uniforms

"Okay, everyone! We are born to serve, and nothing else! Dedicate your hearts and souls! And..." he paused and looked at his pocketed watch, watching as the clock ticked to his specific time."Let's go!" He yelled, and the other servants clapped before leaving in the four separate doors that led to the outside of the room.

I trudged over to the garden supply shed and picking up the necessary supplies.

After five minutes of walking through the looming corridors and listening to the faint voices and clap of my feet, I found myself outside in the garden and went to work.

A loose rose that stuck out of the perfectly trimmed bush. I snapped the shears and it was off and fell into my bucket.

I spent thirty minutes sweeping the leaves off of the pathway and using my mouth to cut off loose plants like weeds and the outgrown stems. When I finished, I grabbed the poop (no I'm not gonna be fancy and call it manure when it's poop) and sprinkled it over the plants that hadn't quite yet grown before sprinkling water over the buds.

As I set the bucket down on a stone, I looked back at the patch I had just watered. I crouched down and saw the little bud that had sprouted a few days ago. Then as I was walking back towards the bucket. Halfway through, I heard clanking and frustrated yells.