Chapter 11

Eren P.O.V

"Thanks, Armin," I mumbled as the boy held an ice pack to my side. "I-It's no problem." He replied, worry in his voice.

I had refused to tell him what had happened, but he seemed like he really wanted to know. I only remained silent and didn't say anything. My nose stopped bleeding a little while ago, but my cheek was still red and I could feel the bruises forming on my body."Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" He asked, and I nodded as I stared out the window.

I could see my reflection in it, and the bruise on my neck was turning a vibrant purple.

Great.

I took the bow tie off of my neck and examined the bruises on my neck further. It wasn't that big, mostly because the point of her toes wasn't that wide, and I sighed in relief. With a little bit of shifting and the readjustment of my bow tie, I managed to cover it up.

Armin only watched in worry and looked at me in sadness. "Why am I concerned that you're used to covering up injuries?" He asked with worry and sorrow. I frowned and shook my head. "It's fine." I mumbled, and he suddenly slammed his hands down on the table."No, it's not! I'm not an idiot! I've only known you for a month or so, but I know when you're not okay, and you seem pretty not okay right now. So please, tell me what happened!" He cried out, and I was touched by his words.

Yet, I couldn't tell him. I was afraid that Petra might find out and hurt him instead of me. Armin is too kind for such a fate, and I couldn't possibly put him in that position just so I can get a tiny bit of closure.

I stayed quiet and gripped the sides of the table. Hurt flashed across his face as he dropped the topic in defeat."Okay then." He muttered and continued to ice my side in silence. I lost myself in thought and anger towards Petra as Armin treated me, and he handed me a glass of water as I raced around in my thoughts.

She's gonna break it or something if I don't stop her and get it back... but if I try and take it, she'll get a guard or even Mr Smith to get it back for her, cause no one would ever believe a piece of trash from the streets that probably hasn't completely stopped stealing.

Then I'll be thrown in jail and she'll get to keep my necklace to do who knows what with it!

What if I told Levi... he might believe me... but if he doesn't...He'll think I'm just doing that for attention and the necklace might actually be Petra's!

Then he'll take pity on her and to keep her from getting angry and telling the King or a knight about the outrage, he'll make me a normal maid and appoint her to my position to buy her silence.

And then..."Eren!" Armin cried out as the glass shattered in my grip. Blood dripped from my hands and onto the floor, where glass shards lay on the wooden surface. I could only stare at my empty palms as I realized what I had just done.

I gripped it too hard...

I sighed and shook my head."I'm sorry. I'll clean it up." I mumbled as I stood up to grab the broom. Then a soft and gentle hand grabbed my wrist and

Armin shook his head."It's fine. You sit down. I've got it." He said as he stared at my hands."But-" he shook his head with a cute smile.

"Don't worry about it." He said, and I slowly nodded before turning around and sitting down on the table of the infirmary.

I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment mom. I'm sorry I can't be strong and get your necklace back. I'm so sorry...

-+~•~+-

Prince Levi had given me the day off even though he didn't know why I was late."He really is a nice person..." I mumbled, thinking about how wrong the rumours about him being a cold-hearted tyrant were.