Chapter 28

Eren P.O.V

I drifted in and out of consciousness. Sometimes I would hear frantic and panicked yelling, as well as feel hands grab my body.

Then I'd hear a small, quiet lullaby, sung by what seemed to be a goddess before I drifted back into the endless void that was my mind. Then I'd feel a sudden warmth on my hand, and it would be soothing as someone whispered prayers.

Once I heard someone say, "He's in stable condition." Then I drifted off again.

It was a bright morning when I opened my eyes for the first time, and I immediately regretted it as a throbbing pain pounded in my ears and within my head, as if someone was bouncing a ball around the inside of my skull, banging it on every surface.

After a moment or so, I opened my eyes completely and looked around. I was definitely in an infirmary. My throat was ridiculously dry, and I felt quite hungry. Not to mention the searing pain in my leg and back. I looked down, and my leg was in a heavy cast, and my head was covered in thick bandages.

My hand was wrapped in a thin set of medical tape, so I guess I sprained it. My vision was blurry, and I moved my neck around to look at my surroundings, immediately regretting it as my neck seemed to lock up, and pain erupted down my spine.

I yelped in surprise, and the door swung open, revealing a very concerned Hanji, and three surprised nurses. We immediately made eye contact and all four of them rushed to my side, picking me up so I could sit and placing my glasses on my nose.

One lifted a glass to my lips, to which I eagerly chugged down, and another supported the back of my neck while the third one inspected my cast to see if I had accidentally torn it."It's still intact." She reported, and Hanji sighed in relief before wiping sweat off of his forehead."You gave us quite a scare there, cutie." She said with a nervous chuckle."What do you mean?" I asked, surprised at how hoarse my voice was. "You drifted in and out of consciousness from time to time and nearly died on your way here! The hit from the chandelier severely damaged your spine and neck, not to mention your leg and your head. You suffered a major concussion, broken leg, sprained wrist, and a fracture in your spine. Luckily, Mistress Rico got here rather quickly and your back should be healed, but it might take a while for you to start walking again." Hanji said, and I nodded as I looked down at my leg, surprised at the extensive damage."Is Leo alright?" I asked, my voice still scratchy.

She didn't seem too surprised that I asked about the boy instead of my own health and quickly nodded whit a wide grin. "Yes. Luckily, your throw was perfect and he landed a safe distance from the light fixture. The worst he suffered was a few scratched from fallen glass." Hanji said with a smile, to which I returned before sighing."How long am I gonna have to be here?" I asked, and he sighed. "I'm sorry, but a few days at least. You need all the time you can get to heal before you start walking again."

They slowly fed me food, much to my displeasure, and I softly chewed on the chicken leg as the door swung open. A frantic Isabelle and relieved Furlan stood there, both panting as if they had run here from across the palace.

Isabelle attempted to launch herself at me, scaring the nurses half to death, but Furlan foresaw this event and quickly grabbed onto Isabelle's waist. Isabelle was sputtering incoherent nonsense and it took her about fifteen minutes to calm down.

When she finally did, she had over dramatic waterfalls streaming from her eyes, while I saw Furlan look at me in relief."Is... *sniff*... he okay?" Izzy asked, trying not to breakdown again. "He'll be just fine no need to worry, Isabelle," Hanji reassured, and Isabelle nodded, tears still streaming from her eyes.

Then I watched in shock as the window opened and something whizzed across the room. The figure slid to a stop, holding a witch's broom in their hand as the slowed down, and I'd recognize those shy blue eyes anywhere."Eren!" Armin exclaimed as he walked over to my side, yet I was still trying to recover from how he just FLEW through the window!