Chapter 5

Eren P.O.V

It's been about a week since the day I became his personal servant, and it's not too bad. At least I still get food and a freaking comfortable bed. I was ordered to work with the other two servants and clean his study, but we weren't allowed to touch anything on his desk or behind it, which is pretty much the only place that was a mess, but even then it was still pretty organised.

The chirpy one was babbling about how cute the guards in training looked when they did drills outside shirtless, and the other simply nodded as he focused more on cleaning than the conversation.

Prince Levi was at another village for political reasons, and he would be back any second now, so we decided to make sure everything was set before he came back.

"Oh! And this one guy! He has the brightest blonde hair and pretty blue eyes! And honey that six-pack though! He's so drool-worthy, especially when he's flexing..." The red hair put her hands on her face, supposedly in a dreamy state, and the dirt blonde haired one nodded.

I smiled at the two, mostly because it seemed almost impossible that they were the best of friends, but they were."Oh! Bertholdt! He's the cutest by a long shot, the way his brown hair blows in the wind and his brown eyes twinkle in the suns rays! He's so cute-" she stopped mid twirl as her arm hit a priceless vase that was positioned on the prince's desk, and she watched in horror as it fell to the floor.

Her friend scrambled for it, but she was too late. Because I had already leapt halfway across the room and skidded to a stop inches away from the other wall, the vase in my arms. I stood up and stared at the vase with a blank expression before turning to look at the other two, who were staring at me in absolute shock, and emotion flooded back to my face as I stared at the vase in a daze.

"How did you-" she was cut off."What the hell was that?" A voice asked from the doorway, and we all turned our heads to see the high priest. Behind him were two other maids, holding his luggage, and with shaking knees might I add. "Prince Levi!" Redhead exclaimed as the blonde sweatdropped.

All three of us bowed to show our respect. I set the vase down on the floor, and held my breath."You are excused." he said. I sighed and all three of us shuffled for the door. I was almost out when I was stopped. "Not you."I gulped and let the door close as the blondie mouthed 'sorry'. I turned around, and he was leaning against his desk as he studied me. We stared at each other in uncomfortable silence, but it had to be better than what he had to say. I really can't do this right now...He opened his mouth.

Oh, Maria...

"Leave."I looked up in shock but did as was told with a little too much enthusiasm.

-+~•~+-

What is running through his head all the time?

I asked myself as I stared at the ceiling. The dog breathed into my side as he curled up next to me, and I wrapped my arm around his tiny body. My mind was racing as I tried to imagine what would go down tomorrow.

Will he ask about today? Am I gonna get moved back down? No! I saved his vase, why would he move me down? But still, he might think I'm not what he was expecting. Ugh! If only he were easier to read!

"That stupid blank expression he always carries with his stupid dull beautiful grey eyes! The only thing I can tell is that he's not very fond of me, but that's his fault, not mine!"

WAIT!!! Did I just-umm..

I closed my tired eyes and sighed, letting sleep take me to dreamland, where another nightmare haunted my sleep.

-+~•~+-

I shot up, clutching my chest as I took in my surroundings.

Don't worry, it was just a dream.