Chapter 20

Eren P.O.V

I could feel myself slowly waking up, but in an attempt to refuse it, I snuggled closer into the object I was resting on. Warmth radiated from off of it, making me get closer and closer until I was completely pressed against it.

It was the perfect shape; a nice, bent curve for my body to fit into, and two spread apart pieces for me to sit in between.

Wait, this isn't normal...

I opened my eyes in confusion only to be even more confused when I was face to face with the wall. I moved a bit but soon discovered that I could barely move at all.

WhenI realized why my face went a deep red. Two arms were wrapped tightly around my waist in a protective way, but they seemed pretty adamant on not letting go of my body.

When I saw who it was, that was when I felt like passing out. His black hair that had fallen over his face and his face seemed peaceful especially without his constant scowl, making him look even cuter in the faint, morning light. His eyes were shut very gently, almost as if the smallest noise would send him jolting across the room, but he stayed in his sleepy state, not even flinching.

I blushed furiously as I struggled to leave his death grip, but he barely moved, in fact, he held me tighter, making my red colour intensity. His soft breathing tickled the top of my head, and even though I was embarrassed beyond comprehension, I couldn't help but feel comfortable in his embrace.

I struggled for a good five more minutes, and all he did was hold me tighter and give the occasional grunt. Eventually, his eye started twitching and I awkwardly watched as he woke up, his icy blue eyes bore into my own, and I suddenly felt incredibly small in his arms. We stared at each other for what felt like a lifetime, not a single sound being muttered between us, and that's when I saw it again. The little flash of emotion in his eye.

What is he trying so hard not to do?

The questions hit my brain in a flurry of confusion before a knock was heard at the door. "Your highness?" A man called out, and the doorknob started turning. We sprang apart as quickly as possible, flustered and red as tomatoes when the door opened, and a cabin boy popped his head inside the room."My apologies your majesty, but we had to make sure you were alright. I hope the storm wasn't too intense." He said, and I almost scoffed.

No, it was perfectly fine. Note the sarcasm.

The events of the day before made me flush as I thought about all the awkward positions we had landed in, and I immediately shook my head."It was fine." Levi cleared his throat before answering, his face just as red as mine, if not darker.

The cabin boy nodded with a smile and bowed before shutting the door behind him. We sat in silence, reflecting on the recent incidents in a tense quiet. I fiddled with my fingers as my flustered face refused to die down, and he awkwardly messed with the cuffs of his robe.

Finally, he spoke."Are you okay?" He asked, and I almost jumped out of my skin in surprise."Oh yeah! N-No I'm fine!" I exclaimed, a little too quickly might I add. He awkwardly nodded, and we continued to just sit there, the awkwardness practically suffocating. I then awkwardly stood up and grabbed my backpack. "I'm gonna go shower..." I muttered, and he nodded in response and I faintly saw his cheeks turn a little brighter after I said so. I quickly scrambled out of the room and made a mad dash for the showers, relieved to find them empty of anyone except myself.

I sighed in relief before taking off my clothes and getting inside one. I grabbed the curtains and slid it closed before turning on the water faucet and feeling the familiar sensation of water hitting my back before trailing off my body.