Chapter 16

Eren P.O.V

The kitchen was eerily silent when we walked inside, but I quickly turned the dials on all the oil lamps and it was soon engulfed in light.

I smiled at the sight in front of me. Very rarely do I ever get the entire kitchen all to myself- er- to me and Levi, but now there is no one in here to be annoying!

Well, unless Levi is still in a really bad mood.

I walked over to the main pantry and asked Levi to grab the eggs and the milk. With ingredients practically spilling out of my arms, I shut the pantry door with the back of my heel and set them all down on the counter.

Levi was still standing there, his arms empty. "Where are the eggs and the milk?" I asked, and he scratched the back of his head. "I don't know where they are..." he muttered, and I laughed before giving him a reassuring smile and walking over to the storage cabinets.

A basket of eggs was sitting on the shelf and a glass carton of milk sat next to it, thankfully, fresh since the cow was milked only a day ago. I walked over and set them down on the table before grabbing a large bowl, metal pan, metal ladle, metal cup for measurements, measurement spoons, and started the fire.

"Okay! We're making cupcakes!" I exclaimed, and he titled his head in confusion. "A cake in a cup?" He asked, and I chuckled. "No. Cupcakes are like mini cakes, but they're really good!" I corrected and he nodded before I turned my attention to the table. I then grabbed the bowl and slid it over to him and looked at the ingredients.

Flour, salt, baking powder, butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and...

I looked around before going back to the pantry and finding vanilla extract, sighing in relief. "What's that?" Levi asked from behind me, and I held it out to him. "Open it and smell it," I said with a smile, and he looked hesitant to do so. "How do I know it doesn't smell like horse crap?" He asked, and I laughed before unscrewing the cap and taking a huge whiff. Then I sighed in content and handed him the bottle. "Trust me," I said, and he finally took it and held it up to his nose.

He was still for a moment before taking a small sniff, and his eyes widened."What is this?!" He exclaimed as he continued to smell it. "It smells amazing, but do not drink it!" I exclaimed, and he only continued to smell it."Okay, you're not a bloodhound." I said as I plucked it from his grasp and screwed the lid back on. He followed me back to the counter as I set the bottle down and I grabbed a measuring cup. I softened some butter and started to pour it in the metal cup until it reaches 1/2 cup, talking Levi through it as I went along.

Then I softly poured it into the bowl, Levi watching my every move. When I finished that, I walked over to the sink. "Now, you don't need water for this recipe, but you want to rinse out the cup before you move onto another ingredient so they don't mix together and mess up the measurements," I said as I rinsed out the butter-filled cup.

When it was free of the creamy substance, I grabbed the pouch of sugar and turned to Levi."Here." I said and handed it to him. He took it and stared at the bag."What do I do with this?" He asked, and I grabbed the measuring cup. "Pour sugar in the cup until it reaches the line that says '3/4'," I said and held it out for him to pour the sugar into. He stared at it for a moment before hesitantly tipping the bag the slightest bit.

A few pieces of sugar spewed over the top and into the cup, and then he tilted it some more. Sugar poured everywhere and the cup was filled a little over 3/4, and by that, I mean it was spilling over the top of the cup.

He grunted as he pushed the bag up, and he grit his teeth. I laughed a little and smiled at him before walking over to the counter and using a spoon to dig out some of the sugar. Then I stopped, and he looked confused. "I thought you said to stop it at 3/4?" He said as he pointed to the cup, which had sugar going a little over 3/4."Yeah, but I like sweet things, so I'm adding some more than needed." I said as I poured it in the big bowl along with the butter."Okay! Now..." I grabbed the ladle "we have to cream them!" I exclaimed and handed him the spoon."Try it. Stop when it becomes light and fluffy." I said, and he hesitantly took it out of my hands and set it in the bowl.