Chapter 8

Eren P.O.V

When I woke up, it was the break of dawn, and the iris was finally done. The pup jumped onto my back and started walking on it. I yelped and carefully sat up as he slid down, and I chuckled at his antics. He jumped off the bed and ran under it.

I flopped down onto my bed as I remembered it was a free day for me since it was some kind of holiday for Shiganshina.

Great. Now I have a whole day of boredom. Can't wait, lucky me.

Wait!

I crawled over to the foot of my bed and lifted up the corner of the mattress. Sure enough, the book was there.

The Kingdom of Trost.

I frowned as I picked it up, and stepped off of my bed. I sat at the desk and turned the dial on my oil lamp before the small flame flickered and light fell upon the leather cover. I took in the picture of the glorious castle one last time before opening the book. I skipped the introduction before turning to the first chapter.

The Kingdom of Trost. In short, it's a kingdom of fantasy. One of the few that have never been in a war, and still live prosperously. From beautiful streams to vast oceans and small, flowery hills to jagged, intense mountains, Trost is as scenic as it is peaceful.

Under the rule of King Julian, the first townspeople built the kingdom from the ground up. Building by day, and trading by night, the process was long and exhausting. But by holding on to King Julian vision and his inspiring words, the people of the country were given hope and continued to build a country of peace and prosperity with the hopes of creating a kingdom of acceptance.

It took a total of twenty-seven years, but-

"Twenty-seven years?! I can lose interest in things in an hour! How the heck did they manage to do this for twenty-seven years?!" I exclaimed, dumbfounded by the shocking amount of time this must've taken. I shook my head and kept reading.

-afterwards, the kingdom was as glorious as it was imagined. It is said that as the villagers took a glance at their finished village, King Julian said, "The strength of our country is as strong as our will to create. With that said, we are indestructible."

"Cocky much?"

In a years time, King Julian had officially set up a court and a council of advisors as well as multiple representatives for the people. He had truly created a heaven on earth. As the people of the country grew, so did many similarities. The royal family of Trost was rumoured to have incredible healing magicks, so powerful that it rivalled even Maria herself.

They could heal any wound, mend any scratch, and seal any scar. On a few occasions, they even managed to bring someone back from the dead. The most miraculous thing is that it didn't take up that much energy for the royal family members, which it generally would for a common magicks user or witch.

One of the great things about this kingdom was everyone was excepted and treated as equals. Trost was truly ahead of its time. The King eventually went on to marry Queen Ellie in order to ally his kingdom with another. Queen Ellie was a vision of beauty. Blonde hair as bright as the sun, and green eyes as bright as a leaf. She was a kind-hearted and caring Queen. King Jullian was a stein leader and great healer.

Together, they were an incredible match and a true story of true love.

"Awww, That's so cute!"

As time went on, it became clear the Queen Ellie was pregnant, which she then gave birth to Prince Leo.

Wow, Leo, that's a cool name, maybe I'll call my son that."

Prince Leo was a healer and was better than his own father, which some people say should've been impossible. Nevertheless, the people of Trost continued to live their lives of freedom. They even invented the first orphanage, as well as a school for those who didn't have the right time or care.