Chapter 7: The Tony Stark

Peter's POV

The drive to the new Avengers facility goes by pretty quickly. Happy put the divider up before we even left Queens, so I was forced to focus on something other than talking. Really, the only reason I talk so much around Happy is because I know, deep down, he cares. Probably.

I mean, Mr. Stark told me Happy actually loves it when I talk to him.

Now that I think of it, he was probably using sarcasm.

That's nice.

Anyway, I actually cracked Romeo and Juliet on the drive, and holy shawarma, it's like a whole 'nother language. Also, I don't get why it's talked up to be some epic romance. Romeo was literally sighing gusts of wind about Rosaline in the beginning of the story, then completely forgets her when he sees Juliet. He doesn't even know her but is somehow 'in love' with her. It makes no sense.

I only made it through the first two scenes, and I'll admit to having used an old English translator for pretty much all of it.

Soon, Happy pulls up at the compound and I hop out of the limo. What does Mr. Stark want to tell me? Why can't Happy tell me? No, more accurately, why won't Happy tell me?

"Ah, there's Underoos!" I've tried asking him not to call me that, but, it's Tony Stark, what can I say to actually get him to stop? He's waiting by the main door, so I quickly run up next to him. He pats me on the back, and I really can't believe, even though it's been two months, that I know Tony Freaking Stark, and he actually knows me, too.

"Hey Mr. Stark," I'm smiling like an idiot. Again. Do you ever not?

That's a little rude, even for you.

"C'mon in, Parker, I have some important news for you."

We head inside and he calls an elevator. Once we're inside, I expected him to start talking.

"So, Mr. Stark," I begin, usually he does the talking, "what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Hold on just a minute, I'll tell you in my office."

Sweet, I'm going to Tony Stark's office. I haven't been to this one yet. Actually, I don't think I've been to either of them. I mean, I think I'd remember something like that.

"Okay," I'm not really sure what else to say; again, what do you even say to Tony Stark?

We get out of the elevator and Mr. Stark leads us into what I assume is his office.

And let me tell you, it does NOT disappoint.

It's practically the size of my whole apartment; the exterior wall is clear, most likely bullet proof glass, so you have an amazing view of upstate New York. It's a whole different kind of beauty from the city. There's cutting edge tech everywhere, stuff that I don't even know the name of. There's the original Iron Man suit in the corner. Well, not the original, original, but you know what I mean. But the coolest part is, as soon as we walk in, we're greeted by Mr. Stark's A.I.

Both of us.

As in, it addresses me, too.

Well, not really greets. More like acknowledges.

"Welcome back Mr. Stark, I see you've brought Peter Parker with you. Would you like me to perform background checks and a thorough analysis?"

"No, that won't be necessary."

"Shall I initiate the interrogation protocol?" Wait, what?

"No, I got it from here, thanks Friday," Mr. Stark pulls up a holographic projection screen from his watch and mutes his A.I. system. I must still look terrified, because he looks at me and laughs. "I'm not gonna let Friday do anything to you, don't worry."