Chapter 25: More Secrets

Harry's POV

Warning: Mild Language

I run through the hallways of Y/N's floor, mumbling my apologies to the woman I bumped into when I got off the stairwell. Before I even completely stop, I'm banging on the door, shouting at it.

"Y/N, it's me, Harry! Let me in!" I speak into the door, but I don't get any response. I'm beginning to get scared; I know she's in there, but why won't she answer the damn door? "N/N, I'm here for you, please open the door."

I hear shuffling on the other side, the click of the lock, and then I see the door open. Well, not really. I don't wait for the door to open all the way, I just for the door and hug her.

"I've been so worried!" I squeeze her until I hear a faint squeak from the tiny person I'm holding. I loosen my grip on her and hold her shoulders are arms length. "What the hell, Y/N? You didn't answer any of my calls! Holy Shawarma, you look like crap..."

"You always know just how to make me feel better," she gives me a weak smile, but I have a feeling all she wants to do now is cry.

I step fully into the apartment, closing the front door behind me. I make my way to the sofa, plop myself into it, and wait for her to join me. It doesn't take her long. She sits down right next to me and I wrap her in another hug, knowing this time is gonna be bad.

"What are friends for?" I say dryly.

"I have a feeling that I have a lot less of those, now," I feel a tear drop onto my t-shirt.

"Well, you're not gonna get rid of me easily."

"I know," she laughs as more of her tears fall. "You're stuck with me for life."

I just let her cry for a bit longer; I consider myself lucky to even see her like this. Don't get me wrong, she looks terrible right now, knotted hair, puffy eyes, dried snot above her lips. She looks like she's been through the ringer, which is so rare with Y/N. She pretty much always buries her feelings, so often that it can't possibly be healthy. She's my only true friend; she means the world to me. So even though she's soiled my brand new shirt, I wouldn't trade this moment for anything.

After a while, she calms down enough for me to talk to her.

"So, are you gonna tell me what happened now?"

"Peter and I had a fight. A big one." She takes in a shaky breath and I prepare myself for the details. "He told me that he loves me."

Finally. "Well, it's about time," I smile, but judging by her reaction, I probably shouldn't have. "Wait, Y/N, what did you do?"

"I screwed everything up, Harry. He hates me now. And," she paused and looked into my eyes with her tear-filled ones. "I'm moving back to Florida."

"What?"

"I'm so sorry, Harry, I wasn't thinking straight. I just wanted to get away from him. But the worst part is, none of this is his fault. It's all mine, but I can't even fix it!"

"I'm sure that's not true; you know Peter could never hate you. I think you just need to calm down a bit. We can figure this ou-"

"No, you can't fix this for me. I got myself into this mess, now I have to deal with the consequences."

"Sure, but that doesn't mean you need to deal with them by yourself," I pause, deciding that now was as good a time as any to tell her. "Y/N, I know you're going through so much right now, and the last thing I want is to add to that, but I think it's time you knew."

"Knew what?" She wipes away the rest of her tears and sits up straight. I can tell she has more she wants to talk about, but she's the kind of person to put all of her personal struggles aside for her friends.