Chapter 14: I Larb You

Peter's POV

Happiness.

True happiness is something that I haven't felt in a while, but it's coming back. Slowly, but it's coming.

It started coming back when Mr. Stark showed up; then started slipping away again when he took away the suit, and the whole Liz thing didn't exactly leave me super happy. But right now, in this moment, I'm the happiest guy in the world.

Y/N's sleeping; snuggled happily into my chest. That sounds like a lot more than it actually is, but I just get this feeling when I look at her, something I can't even describe other than sheer, unaltered happiness. She looks so peaceful wrapped up in my jacket, holding it with one hand and clutching my shirt with the other. Her messy hair has fallen into her face, partially concealing her resting smile. I listen to her steady breathing as it slowly lulls me to sleep as well.

~Brief Time Skip~

Y/N's POV

I slowly start to wake up from my seemingly short nap, only to find a sleeping Peter resting his head on top of mine.

Holy Shawarma, he's adorable!

Holy Shawarma, he's still holding onto me!

Holy Shawarma, I remember that he kissed me!

He kissed your hair, Y/N, that's not a big deal.

To you, that may be, but to me, it's a HUGE deal.

I carefully shift to grab my phone out of my pocket, making sure I don't move too much; I don't want to wake him when he's sleeping so peacefully. After seeing the time, I momentarily panic.

"Oh Shawarma!" I say a little too loudly, warranting dirty looks from the few people who are on the train with us. Crap! I think I woke him up!

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Peter jerks awake, worry written on his face as he slurs his words groggily.

"It's already 7:30, Pete, how long were we out?" I get off his lap and check to make sure we still have all of our things. One week in New York and my trust issues multiply like catholic rabbits.

"About an hour, are you kids alright?" an elderly man with white hair and glasses answers me. (I think y'all know who it is 😉)

"Um, could you tell us where we are?" I ask, something tells me we missed our stop.

"Almost halfway to the last stop in Statin Island, why?"

"Statin Island! Peter, I thought you said this was a local train?" I look at him accusingly but regret it immediately as he's already realized how badly he messed up. He looks so discombobulated right now, and I don't blame him, this isn't exactly the nicest way to wake up.

"I'm sorry, I got confused! I always do at white stations," he runs a hand through his already disastrously messy curls, but somehow manages to look even more attractive afterwards. It's a miracle this boy hasn't got girls lining up after him, honestly.

"Uh, thank you, do you know if there are any trains going to Queens from the next station?" I'm trying so hard to not break down, but, thankfully, this man seems nice enough.

"Should be. It's a white one, so you're in luck," he's smiles at us, glancing at our intertwined hands. I didn't realize we were holding hands until now, and judging from Pete's slight flush, he didn't either.

"Thank you," Peter speaks up, and I notice that he's squeezing my and just slightly. Not that I mind...

"No problem, punk," he leans closer to Peter and whispers something to him, just loud enough for both of us to hear. "She's a keeper, boy, don't forget that."