Chapter 15: People Watching

Y/N's POV

I'm so tired.

I feel like my alarm clock went off earlier than usual.

Peter was over here pretty much all of yesterday, we were both trying to slap something together for R+J, which we hadn't really made a lot of progress on previously. He came in the morning, we took a break to grab sandwiches from Delmar's, then went back to grindstone. He had to leave at about 4, saying May needed him, so I let him go. Thankfully, we were done with our reports by then, and were just chatting about random things. It was nice. And, of course, we texted each other until later than I care to admit.

So now, I'm yawning my way through English, and dreading Pre-Calculus next period. The teacher, Mr. Dell, tends to go off on tangents, and I don't mean sine over cosine. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to stay awake.

English finally ends, and I'm pretty sure I zoned through most of it; because I barely notice the bell ring. Peter walks up behind and taps my shoulder, snapping me out of my daze. I notice I'm one of the only students left sitting.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah, just zoning majorly. Can't wait for Dell's lecture on co-functions!" I say sarcastically, gathering my stuff and walking out with him.

"Yeah, something tells me we'll be doing more on tangents than cotangents, though," Peter and I have our dorky nerd jokes about all of our teachers, and I have to say, they're awesome.

They're actually really lame, you just like talking to Peter.

She's not wrong.

I happen to love cheesy nerd humor, thank you very much.

You're made for each other.

"Oh my gosh," I laugh, whatever with the voices in my head, I'm going to do whatever I want. Within reason. "How do you think we did on the English homework?"

"Uh, I think you've got an easy A, but I don't even know what I was writing."

"Well, lucky for you, you are incapable of receiving bad grades, so I think you're safe," I nudge his shoulder playfully before we walk into our next class.

"Yeah, sure," he walks to his seat, and I walk to mine. They're on opposite sides of the room, but it's okay, 'cuz I sit next to him in Physics, History, Video, and Woodwork. And we have P.E. together, but we don't really sit in that class.

I set my stuff down, mentally preparing myself for a very long day...

~Time Skip to After the School Day~

The final bell rings, signaling the end of final period. I swear, shop class is a waste of everyone's time. Peter, Ned, and I go to find MJ and Harry who were finishing up art; I was going to ask MJ to go dress shopping with me. Even though it's not a very MJ-ish activity, she can at least people watch while she's waiting. And I know we both enjoy people watching.

Ned had to leave for robotics club and Peter had to leave for his internship, so I walk the rest of the way to the art room by myself.

As I approach my destination, I see MJ and Harry laughing as they walk out together.

Woo! Go Harry!

I've never seen MJ so happy, and Harry is beyond happy right now. He's over the moon. It's really cute seeing them together: the girl who supposedly doesn't care about anyone or anything, is flirting with the tall, mysterious, goofy romantic who's crushing on her BIG time.