Chapter 11: What Are You Waiting For

Peter's POV

Ever since I talked with Y/N, I haven't been able to get our conversation out of my head.

I mean, wow.

I had no idea she's been going through so much. And she hasn't opened up to me yet, at least not knowingly.

I'll bet she's told that Harry guy.

Woah, where'd that come from?

You know, they're probably a thing.

They don't look like it.

Oh, Peter. Oblivious, naïve, Peter. Who does she talk to more, him or you?

That beside the point. I think Y/N would've at least told me if she was dating someone. Plus, I've kinda been watching her, and I only saw them together outside of school at Delmar's. It looked like he was just helping her with the groceries.

So, you admit to spying on her?

No...

Dude, you just said you did.

Ugh!

I need to make more of an effort with her; I think I'm sending the wrong message right now. I want her to feel like she can be open with me.

That's rich, considering she knows next to nothing about you.

Well, maybe I can change that.

"Ugh. Karen, what time is it?"

"It is 10:27. Your curfew is 11, Peter. I recommend you turn in for the night." My A.I. responds to me.

"Thanks Karen, I think I'll do that," I start swinging back towards my building. I'm about to swing around to my side of the building when I see a light on through a window on the seventh floor. My curiosity gets the better of me and I cling to the wall next to it, peering through the sheer curtains that are still pulled aside.

Gosh, that sounds so creepy and skeevy.

I promise, it's not like that. It's just Y/N's room.

She's sitting on her bed with her eyes closed and her back up against the headboard. Her headphones are in, her hair falls onto/passed (whatever length your hair is) (if you're hair isn't that long, just pretend it is) her shoulders in messy waves, no makeup on her perfect face. She's wearing flannel pajama bottoms and a black tank top, and honestly couldn't look more beautiful. But, as gorgeous as she is outwardly, it's her personality that really gets me; the way she laughs at herself and smiles when we're being silly, and you know she's completely comfortable and happy; how she hides behind her hair when she's embarrassed to conceal the most adorable blushes I've ever seen; how, no matter what, she's completely real with you; how she puts others first and barely ever thinks of herself...

I snap out of my daze and realize that anyone could see me staring into a teenaged girl's room and the last thing I need is for people to start thinking Spiderman's a perve. I take one last look at the amazing person I've come to know this past week and smile to myself. Her head has fallen to one side, a faint smile painting her lips, and a single tear falls down her cheek. I flinch back when I see someone enter her room; it's Mr. L/N. When he sees his daughter, he smiles at her sadly and moves over to tuck her in. He places a kiss on her forehead, turns off the lights, and closes the door softly after he leaves.

I feel the hot tears well up in my eyes; it's been so long since I've felt that kind of love from a parent, I hardly remember what it feels like. May's been doing her best, and I love her like she's my own mother, but I can't help but think about what it would be like to have had a normal childhood, with both of my parents there, and Uncle Ben, too.