Chapter 16: Time Flies

Y/N's POV

Holy Shawarma, it's already Friday night.

How'd that happen?

This past week flew by, although I don't know how, since I wasn't exactly having fun. MJ was pretty much the only one out of all four of my friends that actually made time to hang out. We had her over for dinner on Wednesday night since we were working on an English project together until pretty late. But all of the boys were mysteriously busy whenever I asked if we could get together. I mean, Ned did say he had his 'Robot Royale' today, which is apparently a big deal, so I let him slide. But Harry...

It's like he's trying to distance himself from all of us. Me in particular though. If I didn't hate confrontation with a passion, I'd talk to him about it.

Naturally, I'm stressing so much about tomorrow, so much I actually texted my mom to talk to her about it. I know, I'm not supposed to be bothering her, but she said she wanted to be in contact with us as much as possible. It was great to talk to her about this; I'm not usually one to open up easily, but once I start letting it out, it's hard for me to stop again. So, I ended up telling her about Kayla and Jake, how we're not friends anymore, about Peter, and how I might have a minor crush on him. Okay, maybe not minor, but she didn't need to know that. I also told her about MJ, Harry, and Ned, and how great they are to hang around.

But, of course, all she wanted to know about was Peter. And me. And the Stark Gala.

I told her about Peter's internship, and just about him in general. It was really awkward.

Right now, I'm up on the roof, my new favorite place, with my music on, the world turned off, and my thoughts running wild. I have planned everything with MJ from what color my toenails will be to how my hair would look in various styles given the neckline and back of the dress. MJ's girly side is kind of funny, but I like it. She's opening up to me; unlike Harry. And I don't even know what's up with Peter. I feel like he wants to open up about something, but just can't. It's strange. I don't want to push him, though. Honestly, out of everyone I've met in almost two weeks, he means the most to me, whatever our relationship may be.

I still can't help but be nervous about tomorrow, I mean, I've never done anything like this before. What if I embarrass myself? What if Peter decides he doesn't like me and ditches me?

He would never do that, Y/N. It's Peter we're talking about. Your best friend. The guy you really like-like.

Why not just say love?

I'm not ready for the L-word yet.

You'll have Peter, your dad, Peter's Aunt, you'll be fine.

If you say so...

Peter's POV

I'm so nervous about tomorrow; I can't focus at all. I've been spending all my spare time out on patrol, partially to make up for the fact I won't be patrolling tomorrow, but also to keep my mind off of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited beyond belief, but I'm also terrified that I'm gonna mess things up with Y/N. What if she doesn't like me the way I like her? What if I lose her, as a friend, because I want to be more than friends and that's not what she wants?

I value her friendship more than anything, so I've reached my decision.

I cannot tell her how I feel. It would mess everything up, and I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her.

Besides, I'm not even sure how I feel. I think I've established that I'm crushing on her, like, big time, but I'm kind of scared that it's more than just a crush. I mean, I'm a superhero, I put my life on the line, every single day. I couldn't do that to her, it's bad enough that I have to do it to Aunt May, I can't put Y/N through the same.