Chapter 30: My Superhero

~Time Jump by a few Weeks~

Y/N's POV

That will forever be a day that I'll never forget. Everything changed; and I really wish I could say that it was all for the better.

Later that night, as Peter and I laid on the rooftop watching the sky (listening to Nickelback, obviously), he filled me in on everything he knew about what's changed.

He told me that Tony Stark had sacrificed himself to save the world; Captain America was retired; Black Widow died, Bruce Banner had found a way to unite both sides of himself, but was now incapacitated; Hawkeye is still retired; and Thor was off galavanting around the Galaxy. Again.

It was a lot to take in, knowing that all of Earth's best defenders are gone in some way or another

It was also terrifying to know just how big our universe is.

On a less cosmic scale, I figured out that Dad, Mom, and Ethan didn't temporarily die like I did, making my little brother almost two years older than me. That's a headache, right there.

Peter's aunt disappeared, too, and has quite the story for when she reappeared.

My dad and Ethan moved. Not too far, but it was slightly closer to Midtown High, so that's nice. I'll miss this rooftop, though. They bought a three-bedroom just so they could keep a room in case I came back.

Gosh, I just realized how reckless I was, taking off from the airport without telling anyone where I was going. They didn't even know what happened to me...

And to think, I could've been flying when I disappeared; the survivability-odds of a safe return wouldn't have been too good. So, my superhero managed to save my life, indirectly, from space. I mean, if anyone could do it, Peter could.

We're letting Peter and May stay with us while they get back on their feet. May's taking my room, I'm "bunking" with Ethan, and Peter's on the couch. I say "bunking" because all of us know that I stay with Peter in the living room. They're chill with it, I mean, it's not like we're doing anything. We just talk and cuddle. Sometimes kiss.

Peter was only able to take a small break from patrolling, so he's back into the swing of things now.

Get it. Swing of things.

Anyway, I'm interning at Oscorp Industries now, thanks to Harry. Peter still has a "Stark Internship", only I think Mrs. Stark might actually want to use his brains. We'll see where that goes...

In other news, MJ, Ned, Harry, and unfortunately Flash all "disappeared" too, but I don't know if I should call it lucky that all my friends died with me.

We also have to repeat our second semester of 11th grade, as we "came back" at a pretty awkward time...

So, due to recent events, Harry's dad elected to keep his son a secret for a bit longer, especially since Harry was a victim of "the Snap" or "the Blip" as they're calling it now. So, I don't get to ride around in his Porsche. Oh well.

MJ and Ned paid up to Harry for the bet from what turns out to be six years ago. MJ argued that the contractual obligation of the bet shouldn't've spanned this long, but in the end she paid up.

I've found a new rooftop now; our new apartment building has an even better view than the old one. It still has sentimental value, though. I'm up here now, with Peter, of course. We're stargazing, trying to appreciate everything we took for granted for so long. In a way, we've both found our home.

We're listening to my Nickelback playlist through my mp3 player and a dual headphone adapter, cuddled into each other, ready to fall asleep at any moment.

"Sunshine, turn the music up," he whispers into my hair.

I do as he says, because one of my favorite songs, "Never Gonna be Alone", starts playing. We just lie there taking in the words, both of us mentally recognizing both the irony and the sheer truth of the lyrics...

Never Gonna be Alone by Nickelback found at the top of the chapter:

Time, is going by, so much faster than I,

And I'm starting to regret not spending all of it with you.

Now I'm, wondering why, I've kept this bottled inside,

So I'm starting to regret not telling all of it to you.

So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know

You're never gonna be alone!

From this moment on, if you ever feel like letting go,

I won't let you fall,

You're never gonna be alone!

I'll hold you 'till the hurt is gone.

And now, as long as I can, I'm holding on with both hands,

Cause forever I believe that there's nothing I could need but you,

So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know

You're never gonna be alone!

From this moment on, if you ever feel like letting go,

I won't let you fall,

When all hope is gone

I know that you can carry on

We're gonna take the world on

I'll hold you 'till the hurt is gone

Oh,

You've gotta live every single day,

Like it's the only one, what if tomorrow never comes?

Don't let it slip away,

Could be our only one, you know it's only just begun

Every single day,

May be our only one, what if tomorrow never comes?

Tomorrow never comes

Time, is going by, so much faster than I,

And I'm starting to regret not telling all of this to you.

You're never gonna be alone!

From this moment on, if you ever feel like letting go,

I won't let you fall,

When all hope is gone

I know that you can carry on

We're gonna take the world on

I'll hold you 'till the hurt is gone

I'm gonna be there all the way,

I won't be missing one more day,

I'm gonna be there always,

I won't be missing one more day.

I've heard it said that "Home is where the heart is", and now I know just how true those words are. My home is where Peter is, because my heart belongs to him now...My superhero.

The End.

So, it's finished! Tada!!!

I'm actually crying guys, this is such a milestone for me, thank you for supporting me as much as you have!!

I'm hoping to post the Sequel's cover, blurb, and at least an Author's note by tomorrow night. 

Guess how much I love y'all (I wanna see it all over the comments :) )