VI

I sit at the table in deep thought as the others argue around me. It's been a week since Capture the Flag and everyone is still feeling sullen about the lost. Today, Queen open the patio to all customers. As the others shout and scream around me I take the advantage to take in the beautiful day. The clouds are white marble on blue satin, dove grey underneath and brilliant white where they are thin enough to let the light through.

The clouds slowly transform into the shape of a madden face. "Save us!" I hear in my head. Javier stern voice pulls me from my thoughts.

"We tried." He stresses. "They have the advantage. What can we do about that?"

Sakiya clicks her tongue annoyed. "Then why are you so determined to win?" She sits up straight as if this position could get her an answer quickly. "We got our ass kicked."

I glance at the clouds again in worry but they only looked normal. A sight of white hair catches my attention. The young mysterious boy is looking up into the clouds in fright. I watch as he hurries across the street not looking where he is going. A car hunk his way and he fall quickly before getting to his feet. "Watch it, boy." The man in the car screams out his window.

I narrow my eyes in suspicion and stand ready to follow him. I grab my things in a hurry and everyone look my way curiously.

"Where are you going?" Javier ask.

"I have things to do." I reply.

Sakiya narrow her eyes in suspicion but I ignore her. I throw my bag on slowly hissing at the pain. The tackle from last week left a painful purple bruise on my shoulder that resulted in me going to the medical bay within the school halls.

"See you guys around." I say. I make my way to the door determined to follow the boy with white hair. I wanted answers and I wanted the voices in my head to go away.

Javier follows behind me and I huff annoyed.

"We need to prepare for Hunting season." He says behind me. "Can you push back whatever you have to do?"

"No." I tell him. "It's important."

"This competition is important." Javier stresses.

I roll my eyes and ignore him heading for the exit. He stops me and explains, "The Dragons listen to you and I think we could win."

"Win?" I chuckle. Javier frown at the sarcasm dripping from my laugh. The only thing I could think about right now was the painful throb on my shoulder and the creepy whispers in my head. "Impossible."

"Seriously?" Javier narrow his eyes in displeasure. "I thought you would be the last to give up."

I roll my eyes again. "I have more important things to think about than a silly competition—"

The door to the cafe open and the bell above the door ring. The entire cafe becomes silent because that is how intimidating Sasha looked as she strolls into the small building. She is all solid muscles and hard angles even in her school uniform. Her hair is in her tradition pony-tail and the sides are shaved. Her expression is blank, but something in her eyes screams a challenge. I watch as her gaze flicker from guest to guest before finally landing on me. She doesn't smile or frown but her eyes portray a slip of humor.

I lean my head towards Javier, about to make a comment on why Sasha is here but another body catches my attention.

Eliza walk into the building and her gaze scream danger. I swallow thickly. Her hair is pulled back out of her face in a tight french braid. She looked regal in her blood-red blazer. She politely nods to everyone in the cafe and I watch in horror as everyone bows their head in respect. Atlas stands on her right while Sasha stands on her left. Queen rushes over and she and Eliza speak in low tones before the two of them disappear into Queen office.