XVI

The metallic-red blood flows like a lazy river. It reminds me of the time I wanted to donate my blood but my father wouldn't sign the form. I did not talk to him for months. I had to watch as all my friends voluntarily have their blood drawn so it could be used for transfusions. I was envious of them. I wanted to be apart of saving someone's life, I wanted to be a hero. Looking at my blood now, I didn't feel like a hero.

I'm scared.    

The robed man hovers close by and watches with amazement as my blood drips into a blood bag. "Do not fear death." He speaks. "Welcome it. I will not disrespect your remainings but, I will bury you in the Gardens of Kalahari."

I can feel myself becoming weaker by the moment, the room is becoming blurry, and I can barely hear the robed man, "It won't be long."

I shut my eyes before forcing them back open. I can see a figure behind him and I instantly believe my mind is playing tricks on me. It is Faye. She is standing in royal attire and we are surrounded by the library again. The robed man is gone.

"I'm dead?" I question.

"You will be if you continue to be weak." Faye speaks.

I'm offended, even in death.

"You must break free." She continues her brown eyes staring into my soul. "I didn't help you during the solo battle for you to die now." She pauses. "Find the key or we will all perish."

The room begins to spin again and there are winged creatures flying above me. "Battle is this way!" People are screaming in agony, houses are burning to the ground, the castle is in flames. I remember this vision from when I touched Carol crystal ball. I thought it was a memory but it is a vision from the future.

I look up toward the moon and it becomes red as blood soaks the ground. The vision swirls again and we are within the castle and Elijah sits upon the throne in his navy blue robe with everyone bowing to his feet. "I will open the gates to the underworld." He chuckles. "And we will all bow to the keeper."

He doesn't look the same. His skin is not brown but dark grey and his eyes are black.

The library surrounds us again, "You must stop him." She says. "When he brings me back from the Underworld. I won't be strong enough to defeat him, not as you will."

A powerful force collides with my chest, I inhale as much air as possible, and my eyes open. The robed man stands in shock and I swing my legs up and wrap them around his neck before squeezing with all my strength. I can feel myself transforming. He stares into my purple arises and he smiles before accepting his fate. "I am honored." He croaks before I snap his neck.

I release him and his body fall to the ground with a hard thud. I then swing my body and connect my feet with the ceiling before pulling down onto the chain with all my strength. The chain buckles before breaking. I fall onto the ground and groan as my back hit the floor. I hurry to my feet and search the robed man for a key.

I use the key to unlock the chain and Sasha body falls into me. I hold her and help carry her out the dark basement. We climb a few more steps and there is no one else in the house. I lay Sasha down onto the couch and clean her wounds the best way I can. I then force her to drink the water from the sink.

I look around for clothes and I change into something clean before grabbing loose pants and a shirt for Sasha. When I come back into the room she is lifting up and trying to stand. "Don't force yourself." I tell her.

She touches her lower body and begins to mutter something under her breath and her wounds begin to heal. I stare in amazement. She rolls her shoulders and the color returns to her body and she doesn't look like she is on the brink of death anymore. However, she stumbles when she tries to walk.