XII

Rain beats against the tent roof, drops of water running down, and the sides ripple in the gusting wind making the edges flap wildly. I shiver from the breeze and wonder when did it start to rain. The festival had to be over by now. I glance around the tent as I am held, hostage. Dimitri stands next to me and Carol sits Indian style in the far corner. Sakiya folds her arms and stares at me with judgmental eyes and Zaria stands closely next to her but her eyes hold understanding.

Javier blocks the exit of the tent but he doesn't shiver from the cold. Iris squeezes my shoulder and repeat, "It is time for you to tell the truth, Hal."

"Sakiya is right about the library. It wasn't an accident." I start getting straight to the point. Sakiya eyes go from anger to confusion and then satisfaction while a smirk rests on her lips. "I've been having these visions and The Others Will Return."

Everyone in the room gasp.

"Impossible." Javier instantly disagrees. "What lies have you been drilling in her head?" He questions Dimitri.

Dimitri chooses to not say anything. He instead bows his head away in shame. I step slightly in front of him. "Calm your tits." I hiss. "Anyone could be listening." Paranoia is creeping in my skin and after seeing those winged creatures in my vision, I had a totally new perspective of life. "We need to win this competition." I say.

Sakiya cackles in laughter, "Are you kidding me? Look around. We are all that is left. Everyone decided to drop out after Lauren was murder. Use your brain for once." Sakiya finishes while pointing at her head.

I clench my jaw because my patience is wearing thin by the second, "We have a chance without them."

"How is that?" Sakiya ask.

"We are tied." Iris speak. She looks to me and cocks her head to the side. "Hal defeated the snake. That places us only a few points below the Phoenixes. If we defeat Sasha in the solo battle we could win."

The others stare at me in shock. "You killed the snake?" Sakiya asks her eyes widen in shock. She steps a few feet away from me.

I wasn't planning on telling them because it was a difficult subject to bring up after Lauren's death. I look at Iris and wonder to myself how she knew. "Yes." I answer. "Beginners luck, I guess." I shrug.

Dimitri stares at me as if he knows I'm lying. There is always something more to the story. I didn't understand it myself. But, the two daggers that hide in my bag, engraved with Faye's name is always on me.

Just in case I needed to protect myself.

"You're still holding information." Zaria speaks up. She looks sadden. "We cannot help if you do not trust us."

I sigh. She is right. I open my bag and pull out the two daggers. Carol's eyes widen and she hurries and closely looks at the weapon. "Where did you get this from?" She questions curiously.

"From the weaponry box before Hunting season." I explain. I flip it over and examine it closely. "There is something special about it."

Carol looks closely and notices the name that is engraved. "This is an ancient weapon." I squeeze it because I didn't want her to take it. Carol cock her head to the side and stare me in the eyes. "You're connected to the dagger. It goes everywhere with you."

I nod and shift awkwardly. I didn't want to admit it out loud but since slaying the snake I sleep with the daggers underneath my pillow.

"These daggers were carefully forged by a specialty swordsmith and then heavily spelled by a very powerful witch." Carol explain. She then held her hand out and asks, "May I?"