Prologue: Detroit 2596

This world is cruel and it terrifies me. Masses of faces, each one seeming more and more like the other, fill my universe. Perhaps there had once been a time when they could've been told apart, but those differences had long been alleviated.

They are a society of perfect beings. Any flaws or errors are quickly smoothed and erased, replaced by gorgeous skin and stunning features. Their entire existence is one filled with more wealth than they could ever imagine, not only a wealth of fortune, but good grace, companionship and lifestyle. Their world is entirely different to mine.

I once heard of another time, a time when humans also were able to roam freely, unafraid of those who possessed powers far superior to theirs. But that time is believed to just be legend now, as those who rose to power continue to exist.

My entire world revolved around these beings. All our lives did. After all, they were the ones in control.

This is the year 2596, a time where humans are seen as the scum of the world, and super intelligent beings rule above them all. Humans are forced to be slaves, bowing down for this force so much more powerful than us.

This world, known as Jericho, is a place where no one can be saved. A place where the hopes of all humanity have been left long in the past.

I am a human, a drop of water in an ocean of the superior ones.

They call themselves androids; And this is their dynasty.