|17|

*Continue of last chapter*
I was left alone, I mean I stayed in the basement most of the time for almost 2 years when I was with John.

Everytime when I use to break things or didn't even answer him when he was talking to me, he'd just literally threw me down the stairs in the basement. I accidentally broke a lamp once and he made me pick up the broken pieces.

I snapped out of my thoughts and started to look around, then I noticed a picture on the wall of a little boy smiling with his parents. It was in grey, they were wearing old clothes that looked like it belonged in the 1800s.

Wait I know that smile and face, it's Aiden as a little boy. He looked like he was around 9 years old. I heard the front door close, I turned around and saw Aiden looking at me while smiling. "What are you doing princess?"

"I'm just looking at these pictures of you and your parents, how come you don't have pictures at the house?" Aiden stands in front of me, "I do, but I keep them hidden." "Why?" I asked. "I don't want to remember how happy we were as a family," he tells me

"Well your mother was really beautiful," I smiled changing the subject. He gave me a weak smile, "yeah she was." "What happened to your mother?" Aiden sighs, "she was murdered when I was 13."

"oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that," I saw the pain in his eyes. I know that he doesn't feel like talking about it so I'm not gonna bring it up. "I just feel like everyone who I cared about and loved they always get killed in front of me and I'm not gonna let that happen again."

I stayed quiet. "That's why I'm gonna keep my eye on you all the time, I'll never forgive myself if anything happened to you Vanessa. You're my life, my everything." I smiled, "aww that's so sweet." "Before you came into my life, I just wanted to give up on everything and wished that I died with my dad, Bryant and Carter knew how much I wanted to give up, but now that I have you I'm glad that I never died." Aiden grabs me by the waist and kisses me softly on the lips.

I blushed, "you wanna do anything?" "yeah, we could watch a movie." "What movie would you like to watch?" I asked him. "How about IT?" he questions.

"yeah we could watch that." "Ok," Aiden goes to the living room, I followed him. I sat down on the couch while he puts in the movie. Afterwards, he sits down next to me.

"I hate clowns," I told him. "Its ok babygirl, I'll protect you from the evil clown," Aiden grins while wrapping his arm around me. I chuckled, "really?" "yes, no evil clown can get through me." I smiled trying not to laugh, man I haven't laughed or smiled in a long time, the last time I did was when my dad was alive.

* * * * *
Halfway through the movie I mainly covered my eyes while Aiden was laughing about the kids who were on there. Aiden removes my hands off my face and kisses me on the lips.

"Its ok princess, the movie is almost over." "Ok," I replied. After a bit, the movie is finally over, "You want to watch another movie?" he asks me. "yeah, how about Detective Pikachu?" even though I don't really watch movies when I was with John I still knew about some movies that came out.

Aiden puts on Detective Pikachu and sat back down. Aiden wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me on his lap, I closed my eyes. “Are you tired baby?” I opened my eyes, “yeah a little.” “Ok, you can take a nap on my lap,” he starts playing with my hair. I closed my eyes and started drifting to sleep.