|23|

Continue of last chapter: 

Dimitri looks at me, "who's this beautiful girl Aiden?" Aiden wraps his arm around my waist, his touch always gives me butterflies. "This is Vanessa Davis, my girlfriend," he grabs my hand and kisses it, making me blush. "Ah yes the one you told me about on the phone and telling me about you guys running away from her abusive ex, " Dimitri retorts. "Also the guy who turned me into a vampire, they're working together trying to get to me by hurting her, " Aiden tightens his grip around my waist. 

"Why is the abusive ex involved?" Dimitri asks. "Because Sybil turned him into a vampire to help him destroy me," Aiden answers.  Dimitri turns off the stove, "well you guys are welcome to stay here as long as you want." Aiden smiles, " thank you brother, I appreciate it. I also brought my other friends." "They are welcomed too, now grab them and the others tell them food is done," Dimitri told Aiden. 

"Ok," Aiden leaves. "Come get some food before the boys eat all of the food," Dimitri smiles. He handed me a plate. "I made my favorite dishes Pelmeni s gribami and Chicken Kiev." I picked the one that has Chicken in it and pulled out a chair then sat down at the table. I took a bite, " mhm this is really good." "That's why it's my favorite," he chuckles. Dimitri grabs a chair across from me and sat down in it. 

I got done eating and Dimitri got up, " here I'll take care of your plate," then puts in the sink. He then went to the fridge grabs something and sits it down on the table. Out of nowhere I started crying, "aww what is it?" Dimitri asks as he sits down next to me. "I just feel bad that people are risking their lives for me, if it wasn't for me meeting Aiden, John would have never be a vampire and working with the guy that wants Aiden dead." Dimitri grabs the plate and hands me it, "this always cheered me up," he smiles. 

"What is it?" I asked him. "It's called ptichye moloko, it's my most favorite dessert, my mother always use to make it for me when I was little," he smiled. I smiled back, " thank you." "A beautiful girl like yourself shouldn't be crying,  Aiden really loves you and because of that he's willing to do anything to keep you safe, I've known him for a long time and I've never seen him so happy he was always depressed and never cared about anything." 

I started eating the dessert that he gave me, "really?" Dimitri smiles, "yes I see it in his eyes every time he looks at you or even say your name." I smiled, I really am lucky. As I was eating,  Aiden and the other guys walked in.  "Chto u vas zanyalo tak mnogo vremeni(what took you guys so long)?" Dimitri asks them. "Viktor and Adrian wanted to play some basketball," Aiden replied. Aiden comes up to me and kisses me, "are you ok sunshine? have you been crying?" he looks at me with a concerned look.

"A little," I looked away. I don't want him to see me like this, "why?" he lightly grabs my chin and turned my face to look at him, then wipes my tears with his thumb. "I'm afraid he'll get me," I started crying even more. Aiden grabs me and wraps his arms around me tightly, "shh it's ok, I won't let him near you I promise to protect you." Aiden wraps his arm around me, "come one lets go lay down in my old room." "Leaving so soon?" Dimitri asks us. "Yeah, I want her to relax, we've had a long flight," he looks at me. Aiden grabs our suitcases and we went upstairs. 

We went into a room, I looked around there's black walls, a huge chandelier, a desk and a king sized bed covered with black blankets and pillows. "This is a nice room," I told him. He smiles, "yeah it is, this use to be my room when I lived here awhile ago." Aiden puts our suitcases in the closet, "you want to watch something or go to bed?" he asks me. "We can watch something for a bit," I responded. I want to the bad and sat down, Aiden sits next to me and wraps his arm around my waist, he turns on the TV and puts a movie on. After awhile, my eyes started to get heavy. 

Aiden turns the TV off and lays me down then covers me up with the blanket. I ended up falling asleep, I started having a nightmare. *Nightmare* I was running from someone when I heard John, "oh Vanessa where are you? I promise not to bite, I mean I might, I promise that it'll be quick." I ran and ended up at the top of the stairs then felt hands pushing me down the stairs. *end* I woke up crying, I got up quietly and went downstairs to the kitchen. 

It was dark in the kitchen so I started looking for the light switch. When I found it I switched it on. "Hello Vanessa," I jumped, I looked to see it was only Dimitri sitting at the table. "I'm sorry to scare you." I sat down, "I'm just a little jumpy, had a nightmare," I told him. "You wanna talk about it?" he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know." I looked at his way and noticed a plate of cookies, "go ahead take one, " Dimitri smiles. I grabbed a cookie, "thanks," I smiled back. 

"No problem," he grabs a cookie and we both ate our cookies. Should I tell him about my nightmare? I kind of trust him. "I'm ready to talk to you about what's going on," I look at him. "Ok," he smiles, I took a deep breath, "when I was with him, he did so many terrible things to me," I tried to not cry. "It's ok if you don't want to continue," Dimitri gave me a warm smile, I took another deep breath, "one day he did the unspeakable.....he took.....um advantage of me then a week later I found out that I was pregnant. When I told him, he told me to get rid of it he didn't want a kid." I broke down crying.

Dimitri got up and hugs me, "then what happened?" He sat back down. "I told him no so he decided to take me to the top of the stairs then pushes me down them, I started bleeding. He took me to the hospital and the doctor told me that I had a miscarriage, I was only a few weeks pregnant so the doctor didn't know the gender." I started crying again. "I'm so sorry to hear that," Dimitri gave me a sympathetic look.

Before I could say anything,  Aiden barges in looking angry. I looked at him, "how long have you been there?" "Long enough to hear how you were raped and got pregnant and had a miscarriage," he looks angry still. I started crying again, Aiden's eyes softened then opens his arms, I got up and went to him. He wraps his arms around me, " aww baby are you crying because you think I'm angry at you?" 

I nodded my head, "oh baby I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at John for what he did to you. Why did you never told me?" Aiden holds me tightly, " I was afraid that you would leave me if you found out." I snuggled my head in his chest, "I'll love you no matter what sunshine, it's not your fault," he ran his fingers through my hair. "Come on lets go upstairs," he kisses my forehead. I looked at Dimitri, "thank you." "Dimitri smiled, "anytime." Aiden and I went upstairs then went to bed.