Ch 13 brothers love

Klaus POV

Elijah and I was in the living room, reading

I look over at Elijah reading one of our mother's grimoires.

I smirk continue on reading "A Poison Tree" by William Blake, 

Forgotten about the dead girl lays on the coffee table as we listen to classical music.

After a moment, Rebekah enters,

Rebekah looks at us both.

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family vampire book club" Rebekah questions in disbelief.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister isn't that right, Elijah" I question continuing to read.

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus" Elijah states not taking his eyes off of mothers grimoires.

"And what's this business" Rebekah questions as she gestures to the dead girl on the table.

"This is a...peace offering" Elijah says uninterested.

"I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish" I explain.

"So I explained to my little brother, that forgiveness cannot be bought i'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition, and personal growth" Elijah explains.

I roll my eyes guiltily, as Elijah gestures to the girl

"Not this nonsense" Elijah states disgusted.

"I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I" I state with a grin.

He glare at me

"Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet" Rebekah spits waking out of the room.

Elijah looks over to see the girl bleeding out onto the table drips blood onto the floor.

"Oh , yes" Elijah says sounding inconsiderate. Me and Elijah continue to read in silence,

I recite "A Poison Tree" by William Blake in my mind "I was angry with my friend" I looks at Elijah "I told my wrath, my wrath did end I was angry with my foe I told it not, my wrath did grow And I watered it in fears, Night and morning with my tears; And I sunned it with smiles, And with soft deceitful wiles. And it grew both day and night," As I notice Elijah looking at something.

I look to see y/n  and Hayley, who walk through the room, As my mate put her hands on her pregnant Belly as they walk into the kitchen talking about who knows what.

'Til it bore an apple bright And my foe beheld it shine And he knew that it was mine, And into my garden stole'.

I watch Elijah set down the grimior book and follow Y/n and Hayley into the kitchen.

'When the night had veiled the pole; In the morning glad I see My foe outstretched beneath the tree'. I Said finishing the poem.

________________________________

Y/n POV

Hayley and I are in in the kitchen looking for food,

I stop and look at Elijah walks in and see's me and Hayley looking something for breakfast

"Good morning" Elijah says with a smile.

We smile at him "Hey" Hayley says before going back to helping me look for milk.

Then Rebekah enters through the back door,

dragging a trashcan behind her "Listen, I know me and Hayley are the the only ones in this house that actually drink milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list" I question.

"Speaking of, add bleach" Rebekah says as she stomps through the kitchen and into the living room to clean up the mess klaus and Elijah did.

I stop look at Elijah digs around in a cupboard

As Hayley pulls ice cream and berries out of the freezer

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable to you two, in my absence" Elijah says glancing at me and Hayley.

"In your absence, as you like to call it, which is a way-too-polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your heart" Hayley said.

As she begins reading the back of the ice cream box.

Elijah bringing two bowls, two spoons and a bag of cereal to the counter.

"We have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, we've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and we were nearly murdered by witches who are convinced that my little sister baby is Lucifer" Harley Said

I look down putting a hand on my rounded belly.

Elijah smiles sympathetically as he pulls orange juice and milk out of the fridge, he pours Us a bowl of cereal, and then fills them with milk.

We notices the milk

"Oh...milk" Harley says with a smile.

"They've been fine your siblings are weirdly protective of my sister I know I have you to thank for that" Hayley says with a smile.

"I'm just happy to see that you two are in one piece" Elijah says with a smile.

"So, back to the murderous witches" Elijah says as he hands me a bowl of cereal then her. 

"I have some concerns" Elijah states.

"They're evil my sister is still magically linked to Sophie deveraux which is not comforting" Hayley states.

"Yes, I think it's time we took care of that little problem" Elijah states.

"I am all for it as soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town" Rebekah says as she drags the dead girl's body across the kitchen floor.

"Who do we have to kill" Rebekah questions.

Elijah thinks about it for a moment before responding.

"Probably no one" Elijah responds.

Hayley and I look at him questioningly "Alright, potentially everyone" Elijah says with a smile turning to put the milk back in the fridge.

We giggle and continue to eat our cereal.

________________________________

Sophie pov

continues to chop up vegetables and look at Sabine,

"I cook on that, you know" I says making a face

"Don't get cranky with me i'm the only witch who still likes you Sabine said.

"Yeah, it's not like I'm trying to save the witch heritage or anything" I mumbles as she stirs the gumbo.

"They'll come around they're just old-school, and scared" Sabine says trying to reassure Me.

"Scared of what your prophecy about the hybrid baby Agnes and her freak-show minions had a real field day with that one" I explains.

"I can't help what I see, So" Sabine states shaking her head.

"Well, if you're psychic, I'm Martha Stewart" I exclaims with a smile as she walks toward table to grab some celery.

"Scootch" I says as she returns to her table.

Sabine hops down to join her.

Sabine sees a shadow in her peripheral vision and gets suspicious. Suddenly, two people in black masks come out,

"What the..." Sabine starts before one of the masked people backhands Sabine across the face, and she as she falls, she hits her head on the table and falls unconscious.

I  tries to fight the other two masked people off, but they blow some powder in my face and passes out as well.