Survival

Recap:

Y/N P. O. V

'The last thing I remember before it turned dark was Senku standing before me as he tried to protect me from the mysterious light'

Present time after everyone turned to stone:

'why can't I move!! '

'somebody help me!! '

'Mom... Dad... Im scared'

'what is happening why is it so dark And why can't I move!! '

' Am I having a stroke'

' I'm going to die, I'm going to die,  I'm going to die...!'

No!.. My consciousness is fading'

'I'm getting... Sleepy.. '

'Somebody please look after my kids... '

' So this is death'

Taiju's P. O. V

'RRAAAGGGHHH!!  Don't you underestimate me!! I'm not going to die!!'

'ugh... Oh no... I've gotta wake up! If I let my guard down for even a moment I'll be swallowed up whole by the darkness... God dammit my body won't move... It's like I'm a statue '

Time skip

'How many days have passed... Since it happened.'

'Yuzuriha must be fine....  She got to be okay there's no way such a sweet girl could die. And I can't die either.. I'm going to survive... I'll keep living on sheer will!  No matter how many weeks... no matter how months it takes!  I'm gonna tell her! No mater what I won't die...  No matter what... I won't let.... My consciousness fade.... '

Senku's P. O. V

' Where am I? A dream? No that's not it I'm in my memories. I've got to keep thinking and counting at the same time. I'll partition my brain and have it work in parallel '

'1 2 3 4 5 ....9'

' Goddammit, it felt like my consciousness was being pulled away again... It seems every 800,000 second cycle it peaked, ku-ku-ku it's just like having diarrhea.'

Crack...

'Waahhoo!! It broke!! Some how I do feel like coming bursting out.. Ku-ku-ku I'm sure a scatter brained simpleton like Taiju would 10 billion percent certainly do that.'

'The most important thing now is to preserve the scene this could contain priceless clues towards uncovering the mystery of my body's petrification.'

'First of.. My pose..  From where I was laying I've no idea what part of my body these pieces fell off of in what order but until I have time to investigate it.. I've got to preserve every last piece.'
I burried a hole and stored all the pieces. I then went to a nearby rock, 'it's been 117,354,889,550 seconds since o blacked out. Man.. Mind arithmetics is hard. For every year 100 seconds gets lost so keeping track of the numbers is of no use. From my calculaton it's been 3689 years 158 days.'

Since that's done I need to look for food and shelter.

Time skip:( Senku acquired stone weapons, fire, food, clothing and shelter)

Once the necessary preparation for survival is done I can now let my body to take rest. I instantly fainted because of the hard work I put today. 'I need man power if I'm going to survive in the stone world.'

The next day :

I woke up early morning and collected some berries to eat and started my way to the cave I woke up to find clues.

'There are some theories I have regarding the petrification 1.it could be an alien attack or 2.it could be a military experiment gone wrong or 3.a new type of virus that targets swallows and humans.'

"Man... Times like this makes me wish I had some more information regarding the situation, *sigh* I wish Y/N was here she could come up with lots of theories stupid or not. She could be of great help right about now."

"OK Senku, right now I need to focus on reviving the people for there petrification. But why did the petrification wore off after 3600 years and why was I the only one who broke free? "

Drip drip drop..

I walked towards the sound and found nitric acid driping from the cave. It must have acted as a starter for my depetrification. I made a pot and collected it and poured it on Taiju who I found near the cave but he was still a statue.

'there should be a way... Think... Think....  You must know something.. That's it I found it I was thinking the whole time for the past years and normally for a human being it burns up to 400kcals a day and over the years I must have burned over 2 trillion joules of energy. '

"where did all the energy come from? E=mc^2 that's the foundation of science that Einstein lead us to... Energy cannot be created from nothing, there must be something that's in the stone which was consumed and if I get rid of that... Then I can undo the petrification."

With that though I pulled Taiju's body in to the cave to make the nitric acid to drip on him. If my assumption is correct then he should be able to break out in about 6 months.

I started my research by using the petrified swallows as a test subject.

"Choosing between friends is hard, but the logical side of my brain helps me at that. All my friends are important but considering the situation that was given, I need more muscle power and so Taiju becomes first priority and then I need Y/N to help me in the research and then Yuzuriha who is a skilled at crafts she could help build us stuff we needed."

"I'm sorry Y/N and Yuzuriha but you'll have to wait a little longer."

Y/N P. O. V

'Huh!?  Why did it suddenly turn dark and most importantly why can't I move or speak, there should be some sort of reason behind it or may be I hit my head and went to coma. But I don't recall getting hit, so what happened the last memory I have is a flash of green light in the horizon and then got blocked by senku...  I wonder if he doing alright I just hope he survives... '

'my consciousness..... Is fading... I need to stop it before I get engulfed in the darkness. I need to stay awake and think of a way to keep me busy.'

'this is almost like sleep paralysis but I'm fully aware of it and can't wake up... It's like I'm a statue or something... That's it Taiju and Yuzuriha found stone birds.. Does this have anything to do with that... From the little research I did only swallows seem to be affected by it and no other birds... And now it targets humans... I wonder if only us humans and birds that were affected or did it also affect other living creatures when that green light shined at us... '

'what about the people who were inside their houses where the light didn't shine on them were they also affected or did they survive?'

'I should probably form theories based on the given data that I collected and when I break out I need to find senku and try to figure out the cause and cure for it.'

'I need to put my brain into so much work to figure out the cause of the petrification. I just hope all my friends are safe... '

Author note :

Sorry I took so long, I was debating on when to revive Y/N. If I revive her before Taiju I could add some romantic moments here and there but when Tsukasa comes into to the picture I'm pretty sure he would kill her or take her hostage since she is also like Senku and I also didn't want to use the same method to make them both survive a fatal blow to the neck. I planned on reviving her when senku and Taiju goes on their separate ways. So I'm gonna alter the story a bit.

Hope you guys like the idea.