A Thousand year old Love

Senku's P. O. V

It's been almost a months since I woke up in this stone world, from the time I spent here I haven't seen any another humans besides the stone ones. I also found all my friends. Taiju was near me and Yuzuriha was by the camphor tree and I was not able to find Y/N until one day when I was trying to fish in the near by river I found her... She was half submerged in the river but still I could recognize her from afar. 'She must have washed away from where we stood.'

I went across the river to take a closer look to see if she was broken or not. 'I hope she is not broken or harmed in any way.'

She looked just like I predicted and hoped, she was safe and not broken. I almost let a tear slip. She looked so radiant even if she was turned to stone. 'I miss her so much even if we only spent a couple of days together she was really nice and helped me alot. I need to work hard to find the cure for the petrification fast.'

"Hey Y/N... How are you.. It's me Senku... I know you can't hear me but I still wanted to say this to you... "
.

.

.

.

"I will revive you and all the people in the world no matter what and find the cause of the petrification even if it's the last thing I do... "

( Author : I bet you were expecting a confession..oh so you didn't 😅😅 my bad.. OK on with the story)

I pulled Y/N out of the water with everything I got and set her beside a tree. I knew I wouldn't be able to carry her all the way across the river when I could barely swim across it.' I think the best option here is to leave her here and make the revival formula and save her.'

"Y/N wait for me I'll come back to get you.. "

With that I left the place to went to my camp on the other side of the river. I started my experiments once again but I was not able to come up with the recipe for the revival fluid.

Time skip ( after 5 months)

Taiju's P. O. V

Crack...

"RRAAAAGHH!! "

"It's broken!! It's finally broken!!"

"A fragment of... Stone!?"

I walked out of the cave that I woke up from and went out to find anyone who survived. I noticed that I was butt naked so I grabbed some vine and rapped it around till I find something to wear. On the way I saw lots of broken statues and I tried to arrange them and prayed for their soul to rest in peace.

"Alright!! Let's go searching!! I don't know how many hundreds or thousands of years have passed... But as long as no drastic changes have come across the landscape... If I just follow the river it should take me there... To where that camphor tree is..."

On the way I saw a statue that I somewhat recognize. 'I've seen him on T.V before the strongest primate highschooler Shishio... Tsukasa was it? I can't believe even someone like him... got affected by it too.'

Finally I spotted the camphor tree.

"Yuzuriha... "

'there's no way I could mistake her... No matter how many milenia have passed... '

I went close to her, I couldn't help but let my tears flow down my face as I looked up to her face that I missed all these years.

"You survived and you've been alive here... Ever since that day, haven't you... "

I  smiled at the camphor tree that protected Yuzuriha.
"Good job to you too! Well done camphor tree! I'm sure you're thousands of years old by now, you  made sure Yuzuriha wouldn't get swept away and broken. Thank you for protecting her all this time!!."