A Skilled Craftsman

(Y/N) P.O.V

We got back from our small picnic and got down to work, I picked up the mixture that I prepared earlier and gave it Senku, who took it and poured it into a wok and started to melt it. Suika and I just played with Chalk since we didn't have any work to do at the moment, well we do help out once in a while but the boys got it covered this time so we let them do whatever they want.

"kukuku, now let us begin our exciting glass making class Senku shouted with excitement in his voice. Yeaaah!!! Lets Crank em out!!!" Chrome too joined in on his excitement.

"Whoaa! There's some white bubble looking things coming out of it! What is that (Y/N)?" Suika asked as she rocked back and forth near me. "Well its the same stuff that's discharged from, when obsidian bubbles and boils, kinda like that, it's probably used for insulation, I think?." I looked at Senku to confirm my speculations.

Senku nodded, then continued explain it Chrome and Suika. " Then we apply it to the furnace's outer layer as insulation, to create our Glass making Furnace. And then with an iron straw well blow the glass... and expand it!!"

A few minutes later

Well it was a total and utter failure, I also tried it once and I was not even able to blow air into it!! Figures, we don't have strong lungs or skill to form a decent glass vessel *anime tears* 'Im a total failure I cant do anything right' Suika patted my back to comfort me.

"Don't sweat it (Y/N), well, its only to be expected at first. When I learned to make earthenware, it took me about a few months to make them correctly." Senku tried to comfort me in his own way.

"A few months?! We don't have the time to kick back like that!!" Chrome exclaimed.

"What about Ruri's condition?!!" Kohaku came out of nowhere and questioned.

"Well, we don't have a glass artisan, so all we can do right now is trial and error." Senku informed us.

Chrome seemed to have an idea because he just shouted and ran to the village, and came back after a few minutes with a old man tied up.

"Chrome!!? What's the deal?!! Why are you treating that grandpa like a dog on a leash?!! Free him this instant!!" I shouted at Chrome for bulling an old man. I can't believe Chrome would treat a poor old man like that, but he ignored my protest and continued to walk the old man, Senku too looked disapproving but didn't say anything.

"Please, old man Kaseki! We need your artisanal skills!" Chrome pleaded.

"Binding people up with straw rope for some hot bondage action is your way of asking people for help? I'm not gonna give one lick of help to a pervert like you!" Kaseki told Chrome with irritation than anger.

"Damnit, I told you that's not what's going on here!" 

"Old man Kaseki... It totally slipped Suika's mind... And she forgot to return the Lacquer she borrowed." Suika gave the bottle to him. On seeing little Suika his demeanor changed.

"Ohh, that's right..." Kaseki was smiling at Suika as he nodded.

"Was this old man the one that made that?" Senku asked indicating Kohaku's shield.

"Yes. It was originally a gift to Kohaku's father Kokuyou...when he won the last village games. I really put my all into making it...Ahhh, that takes me back."kaseki said with a smile.

Senku smirked, and I knew what that meant... I sweat dropped at the thought of how well I was able to understand what was in his mind, well at least when it comes to his schemes...

"We would reed incredibly high crafting skills to be on par with the level of our civilization... So l had been thinking about how we needed a masterful artisan. But I never thought it'd be this old hobbling man here. That incredibly suspension bridge there must have been your work as well then?" Senku started to praise Kaseki, but I knew enough to see that he was laying down a trap. I decided to not participate this time and let things rollout on its own.