Bonding

Y/N P.O.V

Kohaku had dropped by and gave us some food to eat. We sat near a small lamp and started to eat in complete silence. The silence was not  awkward it was comfortable. Once we finished eating we both got ready for bed, even though I was bone tired I couldn't sleep my brain just wouldn't shut down. I looked to my side to see if Senku was asleep or not, he too was wide awake with his arms his pillow. It seems like he was in deep thoughts about something, I decided to break the silence.

"Hey Senku, could you tell me any details about the petrification that happened 3700 ago, it's been bothering me a lot."

Senku turned around and faced me while still lying down.

"Sure why not, it seems like neither of us can sleep at the moment anyways might as well use it to form some hypothesis about it. Hmmm... The petrification happened on June 23 (I don't know the actual date) 2019 around 4.30pm. the flash of green light came from the East then everything went blank."

"Did you think of the cause for it?"

"Of course I did. I have 3 theories. One, an alien attack which is highly unlikely but who knows. Two, a virus break out and finally a device of some sort that can produce a petrification beam like in the movies.... I think that's all I got what about you?"

" Well.. all your thoughts are valid and should be taken into consideration since we don't have much to go on at the moment, but if I had to say the possibility of an alien attack is 2%... No may be less then that, a virus out break seems more reasonable it has 21% chance of actually becoming the reason. I read about some bacteria like Endoliths that live inside stones maybe some thing triggered it and might have caused the petrification, but it would not be rapid and even if it did why were only the humans and the swallow were affected? It just doesn't make any sense at all, but I think the last theory has much higher possibility to happen then the rest."

" How so?"

"Well... It's just a hypothesis I made. You remember how only the birds were affected on that morning, then in the evening we were petrified."

"Yeah that is quite odd."

We both fully turned around while lying and started to discuss our opinions about the possibility of it being a man made device that can produce a petrification beam.

"Yeah you are right the possibility of it being a man made device sure seems possible,they must have created a new invention and it might have gone haywire and petrified the whole world."

"I don't think it was an accident..."

"What do you mean by that (Y/N)?"

"Well think about it Senku.. if it was actually a man made device and if the people behind it tested petrification on the swallows and found out that it actually worked, that too in a wide range... Why would they want to test it out on the humans next? What was the reason for their actions? Also if it were a mechanical device there is a possibility that it could be programmed and it's precision to only petrify the target makes this theory more believable. Only a computer programed device would have this type of precision. I also ruled out the possibility of the petrification being used as a weapon to attack Japan since it affected the entire world even if they only targeted us then these lands would have been occupied by the enemy forces but there is no sign of anything like that." I started to mumble a lot after I said that. Senku just looked at me with amazement but I was too busy in my own world to notice his piercing stare.

Senku's P.O.V

' Wow... Her mind is sharp as ever. Her detections are on a whole another level compared to mine. She gave each theory a different perspective and even backed it up with additional possibility and the probability of it happening even I didn't think about it that much....' I smiled to myself as she kept on mumbling word that I can't hear. She sure was a unique girl. Not only her looks but her mind is also beautiful. I decided to stop her mumbling even though that action was cute.