Heart's Desire

(Y/N) P.O.V

We were in our store house or base according to Senku, we were in the middle of discussing on what to do with Gen. Senku described about Tsukasa and what he was capable of doing and his intentions.

" That means, if that Tsukasa person is a bad guy, and Gen is his comrade then.. Gen is a bad guy!!? Wait but why did Gen save us all from Magma? Is he a good guy!?" Suika was confused as she voiced out her thoughts on Gen.

"He's neither good nor bad..." I muttered.

"He's nothing but a shallow opportunist." Kohaku stated her mind.

" Whether Asagiri Gen is good or bad, the kingdom of science needs him. We shall have him give a false report that ' Tsukasa! Senku-chan is totally dead!' that's all we need to win!" Senku told us.

"Yo, are you listening Gen!? You saw it too, right? The electricity... It became that incredible scientific light!! Whether who wins or loses. Senku or tsukasa.who holds the advantage. All of that is painfully obvious! The more interesting option, is definitely the kingdom of science!!" Chrome shouted at Gen who was just outside the store house.

"My my~ a young man's conviction, how passionate~ unfortunately, I have none of that, Chrome-chan~ After all, I'm the world's smoothest talker. I only look out for myself." He then turned around and walked away. Kohaku was angry and ready to kill him but I held her back.

Gen's P.O.V

I remembered back to the day I was revived, I was pretty shocked to say the least. Tsukasa-chan had then gave me the details briefly and gave me a mission to see if Senku-chan was alive or not. I first wanted nothing to do with these two people but somehow I got dragged into the middle of the war. Now that I seen both the sides, I made my decision...

I was walking around the grounds admiring the generator when I heard a twig snap, I turned around only to get a punch directly to my face. The person beat me up into a bloody mess, I managed to voice out a few words shakily

" Who... Why... Are..." I was not able to finish my sentence because he had thrusted a spear to my abdomen, the impact was to much, I starting to lose consciousness and everything turned black as I passed out due to pain.

(Y/N) P.O.V

We heard a scream and immediately ran out of the store house to check what happened. Senku and I lagged behind the others as they went to the origin of the sound. When we got here we were shocked. I started to tear up as I saw all the blood and bruises.

"Hey, say something Gen!!" Chrome shouted trying to wake him up but there was no response, my tears started flow like a fountain as I looked at him up close.

"It's no good, he died instantly for sure. Who could have done something so cruel..." Kohaku was shocked as she held Suika in her arms shielding from the horrible scene.

"Hold it!" Senku went to examine him, I also went to see if he had any pulse. "Huh?" Was all I could say as I say many small pouches tied around his body.

" A blood filled pouch and a guard." Senku took the bags from Gen's body.

"This guy is incredible. He planned for the worse from the moment he came to the village, and prepared to this extent!?" Chrome voiced out his impression about Gen.

"Kukuku.. aren't you capable! A magician down to his marrow! This guy!!" Senku was also impressed by Gen. I on other hands sighed in relief, that he was not dead but still worried about his injuries.

We managed to take him back to the store house and laid him down on the futon, I immediately removed his shirt and the blood pouches tied around the body and started to clean the blood off him. Senku started to prepare some medicine as I tried to be careful while cleaning his wounds. I used some alcohol to disinfect his wounds. Senku handed me the medicine and I applied it to his body. He was still out cold and we guessed that he won't wake up in a while. The rest went to their home as it was getting dark leaving me and Senku alone with Gen who now was in a stable condition.