Friend or foe

Senku's P.O.V

"We've upgraded the huffpuff device to power it up! Now our iron making ability has gone up to level 2!" Chrome was excited as always.

" We could actually manage this if we work in shifts!!" Kohaku was also happy that the process was going smoothly.

I looked around to find (Y/N) glancing at Gen often, our eyes meet intently I could tell that she does not trust him, I nodded at her telling I'll handle it with out uttering a single word. I made my way to Gen who was busy pumping air into the furnace.

"Asagiri Gen. How are Taiju and Yuzuriha doing?"

"Ah~ that's what you were after. You thought if you worked me hard to the bone, I'd end up slipping up in my desperation. You've got some real guts. You really think you can take on a Mentalist in that kind of  fight?... But don't worry." Gen smirked, while I remained calm. (Y/N) was almost going into a panic mood in the background as she listened in our conversation but didn't interrupt us. " They're fit as fiddles. Especially that Taiju with his bottomless stamina!! As I'm sure you know... Senku..."

"So he's one of Tsukasa's men? Should I kill him?!" Kohaku made her way towards us but (Y/N) stopped her in her tracks, telling her to stop.

"Asagiri Gen... I was already 10 billion percent aware that you were playing coy just to gain information. But why would you suddenly come out and admit that you're one of Tsukasa's men?" I asked him with a smug smile.

"... Because the situation has changed. After I saw this." He said with sickly sweet smile.

"Hmmm.."

" Oh, and by the way senku-chan~ who is that pretty lady in the background listening in on us? I know she is not one of these primitive people, but who could she be~"

(Y/N) visibly tensed when she was spotted. She then came toward us to join the conversation since her cover was blown.

"My my... You are pretty up close no name-chan~ "Gen asked her in a flirty manner.(Y/N) on other hand was slightly blushing and tense. I was annoyed to say the least.

"Her name is (Y/N), that's all you need to know for the time being." I said in an annoyed voice. ' I don't want Tsukasa to know of (Y/N) existence, if he finds out there is another scientific genius then he'll no doubt kill her too. I don't want (Y/N) to be tangled up in this mess.'

"(Y/N)-chan~ is a pretty name for a pretty lady~ say (Y/N)-chan are you my fan?~ I could use an assistant like you~ are you interested in me?" Gen flirted with (Y/N) as he looked at me to evoke some emotions. 'kukuku.. you are good at your job Mentalist, I have to give credits for that, you are serious making me mad.' I was about to interrupt him but (Y/N) shut him up herself.

"Me.. a fan? don't make me laugh... I know what your trying to do here Mentalist, you can't fool me or Senku with your mind tricks. And quit with the flirting, it's annoying." She turned around and left to supervise the furnace. I couldn't help but smirk at her attitude.

"She seems to have lot of faith in you Senku-chan~ Is she your girlfriend? Tsukasa-san didn't tell anything about a girl.. that means you revived her after you went into hiding.... Am I right? Senku-chan~" Gen said with his sickly sweet smile. ' I know there is no way out of it, if I lie he'll detect it, might as well tell him the truth and hope we could get him on our side. He'll be a useful asset to our kingdom of science but if it back fires then both (Y/N) and I would be screwed.'

"Yes.. Tsukasa doesn't know about her and I'd like to keep it that way. And she is not my girlfriend." I said as I walked away.

Gen seemed to be interested in what we are doing so he stuck around and watched us do our work in the background. We melted the iron sand and poured it in a mold and waited for it to cool down. Both (Y/N)and I kept a close watch over Gen if he makes a move, but so far he just watched from the corner. (Y/N) was tensed and had her guard up since Gen came, I reassured her that I would take care of it.