Companion

Senku's P.O.V

"Welcome back Y/N....."

I was delighted to see her again and delighted is an understatement, she after breaking free from the petrification fell forward as I caught her in my arms before she got the ground. I gently set her down ,she seemed to be confused, then looked straight into my eyes and started to tear up ,I immediately panicked. I may be able to solve an international level equation in my sleep but I can never handle a crying girl.

She immediately latched on to me and cried on my chest. ' I think spending 3700 years alone in the darkness might have a huge effect on her mind.' I frowned at the crying girl before me, I never wanted to see her cry again and I know I need to do something inorder for her to calm down. I hesitantly warped my arms around her body to give her a hug. She immediately stiffened but eventually hugged me back. My heartbeat stared to race as she warped her arms around my back. I'm pretty sure that my face is red as a tomato now.' I almost had a panic attack when she stiffened. I was never was this scared in my life.'

I hugged her for what seems to be an hour but it was only few minutes.she eventually calmed down and sat before me with her blood shot eyes.

" Sorry, it was sudden I didn't know what was happening or what to do, then I just started to tear up and sorry you had to take care of me when I cried."

" No it's alright, I don't mind taking care of you and I know this must be hard for you to handle." I smiled at her to assure that everything is alright and that she doesn't need to worry about anything.

"Ok come on let's go, it's almost sunset we should find some shelter for the night. I'll fill you in on the way."

I went to the river and washed the pot and filled it up with water and keep it in the bag.

"Ok let's go."

" As you can see we are no longer in our past era."

"I can definitely see that, do you know how many years have passed when we were petrified. I know it has to be atleast a few thousand years."

"Kukuku... you are correct it's been 3700 years since we got petrified."

"How did you find that out? Did you cut down a tree to see how many rings were there?"

"That is a good idea but I just counted."

"You mean to tell me that you have been counting for the past 3700 years!!"

"Yup. I need to do something to keep my brain busy in order to not get swallowed up by the darkness. What were you doing?"

"Well I also kept my mind busy by thinking about the petrification and arrived with multiple theories on how it could happen but I still needed a lot of evidence and research to back it up, so I started to revise all that stupid theories and worked on them for years. Then I recalled all my pleasant memories.... That's all"

"Kukuku... You were busy, weren't you? And your theories are not stupid give some credit ok."

"So... How did you revive me? And what happened so far?"

" Well... I woke up about an year and a half ago."

" Wait does that mean you are older then me by a year now!! Wait that's not the point, please continue with the story."

"As I was saying... I woke up during spring and worked on my survival and then when I was stable enough, I started to do my research on the petrification. I later found a cave that secreted nitric acid and found that it can be used to undo the petrification. The nitric acid was able to erode the mineral that covered us. I needed man power so I dug up Taiju and set him under the dripping nitric acid. The reaction was slow so I needed a catalyst. Taiju then broke free after 6 months and made alcohol and distilled it and mixed it with nitric acid to make nital. It took me a lot of tries to get the mixture correct and succeeded a few days back."