five

THE WOLVES MANAGED TO BREAK THROUGH THE BARRIER

THE WOLVES MANAGED TO BREAK THROUGH THE BARRIER. Theodora shuddered as they cornered the fox. "Greetings, gents. Lost something, have we?" Theodora noticed Maugrim in front of the pack closest to the fox.

"Don't patronize me! I know where your allegiance lies." The wolves began to circle the fox. "We're looking for some humans." Theodora looked to the Pevensies in fear.

"Humans? Here in Narnia? That's a valuable bit of information, don't you think?" A wolf pounced on the fox and bit into his flesh. Peter reached out to cover Lucy's mouth after she had gasped.

"Your reward is your life. It's not much, but still. Where are the fugitives?" The fox hekd his head low before answering.

"North. They ran north." The wolf dropped the fox and turned to Maugrim.

"Smell them out." He ordered before taking off, the others following. Theodora jumped from the tree and rushed over to the fox. Beaver looked sadly to the stone statues.

"They were helping Tumnus. The Witch got here before I did." The fox wincsd as Theodora and Mrs. Beaver began cleaning the wound.

"Are you all right?" Lucy asked in concern.

"Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite." He joked before jerking. "Ow!"

"Stop squirming!" Theodora exclaimed as she held him down.

"You're worse than Beaver on bath day." Mrs. Beaver said softly.

"Worst day of the year." Beaver responded glancing at his wife who scoffed.

"Thank you for your kindness, but that's all the cure I have time for." The fox said before getting up to leave.

"You're leaving?" Lucy questioned as she looked at the fox's wound.

"It has been a pleasure, My Queen, and an honor, but time is short and Aslan himself has asked me to gather more troops." The fox answered trotting towards the treeline.

"You've seen Aslan? What's he like?" Beaver asked excitement in his tone.

"Like everything we've ever heard. You'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the Witch." The fox replied bowing his head.

"But we're not planning on fighting any witch." Susan insisted staring at the fox intently.

"But surely, King Peter, the prophecy! We can't go to war without you." Peter looked to Theodora and she looked away.

"We just want our families back." Theodora mumbled letting a tear slip down her face.
****

WHEN EDMUND WAS THROWN INTO A PRISON CELL, ALICE WAS GIVEN A BEDROOM IN THE PALACE

WHEN EDMUND WAS THROWN INTO A PRISON CELL, ALICE WAS GIVEN A BEDROOM IN THE PALACE. She and the Witch would have lengthy meetings discussing her powers and they even trained their abilities together as a team.

On one of these such days, Jadis and Alice discussed the prophecy. "Alice, what do you know of the prophecy describing the end of my reign?"

Alice shook her head. "I must admit, not much, Jadis. All I know is that the four humans have arrived in Narnia with my sister and I." Jadis turned to face Alice.

"Alice, though you may be young, you are wise beyond your years. Therefore, I must ask if you would join me as my confidante, my second hand, my accomplice, my advisor." Alice looked down at her feet before nodding.

She wasn't doing this for herself, she was doing this for the mutants that were killed off by the last humans who came. The ones that Jadis had killed in mutant defense, the ones who were charged guilty of murder. Theodora would soon see thr truth as she now had and would join her at Jadis' side.
*****

"NOW, ASLAN'S CAMP IS NEAR THE STONE TABLE JUST ACROSS THE FROZEN RIVER

"NOW, ASLAN'S CAMP IS NEAR THE STONE TABLE JUST ACROSS THE FROZEN RIVER." Beaver explained in a hushed tone.

"River?" Susan asked in confusion.

"The river's been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs. Beaver informed them.

"It's so far." Peter complained and Theodora lightly nudged his shoulder.

"It's the world, dear." Mrs. Beaver said softly.

"Did you expect it to be small?" Theodora retorted jokingly.

"Smaller." Susan deadpanned as she began to follow the beavers. They had been walking for what seemed like hours. "Come on, humans! While we're still young." Beaver called out.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat." Peter threatedned as he pulled Lucy onto his back and Theodora giggled.

"Hurry up! Come on!" Beaver ordered turning to the group.

"He is getting a little bossy." Lucy observed laughing slightly.

"Behind you! It's her! Run! Run! Run!" Peter lowered Lucy down to the ground and began to run with her, Theodora in tow. They reached a small cave. "Hurry! Inside! Dive! Dive!"

"Quick! Quick, quick, quick!" Susan told her siblings and Theodora helped by pushing them inside. Suddenly, the bells upon the sleigh silenced.

"Maybe she's gone." Lucy murmured fear still written on her face.

"I suppose I'll go look." Peter offered as he approached the entrance of the cave.

"No!" Theodora grabbed onto Peter's  arm and pulled him back. "You're worth nothing to Narnia dead."

"Well, neither are you, Theodora." Beaver voiced quietly.

"Thanks, Beaver." She exited the cave and waited in apprehension to see who the mystery figure was. She smiled as she saw who it was. Theodora climbed onto the top of the cave and stuck her head thrpigh the brush upside down. The group inside screamed at her sudden appearance. "Come out! Come out! I hope you've all been good 'cause there's someone here to see you!"