three

ROLAND AND SUSAN walked side by side as they trudged along in the woods

ROLAND AND SUSAN walked side by side as they trudged along in the woods. "I don't remember this way." Susan voiced and Peter looked behind him with a smirk.

"That's the problem with girls. You can't carry a map in your heads." Peter continued forward with a smirk.

"That's because our heads have something in them." Lucy grinned at her sister.

"I wish he'd just listen to the D.L.F. and Roland in the first place." Susan murmured to Lucy as she passed her sister.

"'D.L.F.'?" Edmund repeated with humor in his voice.

"Dear little friend." Lucy and Susan shared a smile.

"Oh, that's not at all patronizing, is it?" Trumpkin grumbled causing Roland to let out a laugh.

"I'm not lost." Peter murmured loud enough so Trumpkin and Roland could hear.

"No. You're just going the wrong way." Trumpkin accused the boy and Roland thought he was right.

"You last saw Caspian and Dianya in the Shuddering Woods and the quickest way there is to cross at the River Rush."

"But unless we're mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts." Roland rolled his eyes at the boy.

"That explains it, then. You're mistaken." Peter snapped as he continued forward. Instead of finding a crossing point, they found a cliff.

"You see, over time, water erodes the earth's soil, carving deeper-"

"Oh, shut up." Peter grumbled, his frustration showing.

"Is there a way down?" Edmund asked the dwarf and Roland.

"Yes, falling." Roland quirked a brow with a small smirk.

"Well, we weren't lost." Peter told the two Narnians.

"There's a ford near Beruna. How do you feel about swimming?" Trumpkin asked the group. Roland shrugged as he made eye contact with Susan.

"I'd rather that than walking." Susan walked behind Roland and Trumpkin as they led the way.

"Aslan?" Roland heard Lucy's tiny voice as she called out excitedly. "It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there!" Lucy faced them with grin pointing across the ravine. "Don't you see? He's right..." Roland saw nothing and it clearly wasn't just him. "There." Lucy's smile faded into a frown.

"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asked sarcastically causing Roland to hit his arm again.

"I'm not crazy." Lucy told the dwarf steadily as she faced him. "He was there. He wanted us to follow him."

"I'm sure there are any mumber of lions in this wood. Just like that bear." Peter reasoned with his youngest sister.

"I think I know Aslan when I see him." Lucy retorted angrily, glaring at her older brother.