one

DIANYA AND CASPIAN woke with a start and a gasp

DIANYA AND CASPIAN woke with a start and a gasp. Dianya heard hushed voices in the room where a fire was going. The siblings looked at each other as the two made their way to the hall. Dianya and Caspian made a run for the door only being stopped by the dwarf and woman. The badger pleaded for them to stop but the woman picked up her staff as the dwarf unsheathed his sword. Caspian and Dianya picked up fire pokers to defend themselves against thier attackers.

"I told you we should've killed them when we had the chance." Nikabrick glared at Capsian as he held his sword.

"You know why we can't." The badger pointed angrily at the dwarf.

"If we're taking a vote, I'm with him." Caspian voiced his opinion clutching onto the fire poker.

"We can't let them go!" The woman, Reyva, complained as her eyes met with Caspian. "They've seen us."

"Enough, both of you! Or do I have to sit on your head again, Nikabrick? Or shave yours, Reyva?" The two flinched back at his questions. "And you two, look what you made me do. I spent half the morning on that soup."

Capsian and Dianya looked between the three and then at each other. "What are you?"

"You know, it's funny, that you would ask that. You think more people would know a badger when they saw one."

"No, no, I think he means, you're Narnians." Dianya looked at Nikabrick with a small smile. "You're supposed to be extinct."

"Well, sorry to disappoint you." Reyva scoffed as she strode away.

"Here you go." The badger set two bowls of soup onto the table. "Still hot."

"Since when a did we run a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?" Reyva snapped at the badger with hatred. "The kill people like us. Mutants."