two

THE GAGGED ROLAND James watched as two Telmarines prepared to toss his friend, Trumpkin, into the water

THE GAGGED ROLAND James watched as two Telmarines prepared to toss his friend, Trumpkin, into the water. An arrow struck into the side of the boat. "Drop him!" A girl held them Telmarines at arrow point. She was accompanied by a younger girl and boy and an older boy. Roland kicked one of the Telmarine soldiers off the boat as they dropped Trumpkin. The other was shot by the girl and Roland jumped into the water to help Trumpkin.

Roland reached out for Trumpkin, but his foot became caught under some stones preventing him from kicking up to the surface. Hands wrapped under his armpits and yanked him free before kicking up to the surface with him.

Roland dragged himself to the shoreline with a cough. "Drop him! That's the best you could come up with?" Trumpkin coughed as he made his way to his feet. Roland rolled his eyes at his companion's childish behavior.

"A simple 'thank you' would suffice." The girl holding the bow scoffed at their behavior.

"They were doing fine drowning us without your help." Roland crossed his arms over his chest with an eye roll.

"Maybe we should have let them." The blonde boy glared at the two.

"Why were they trying to kill the both of you anyway?" The young brunette asked them innocently.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do." Trumpkin glared up at the small girl.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" The brunette boy asked the two outsiders.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" Roland scoffed uncrossing his arms stepping towards them.

"It's a bit of a long story." The little girl said sheepishly and with a smile. Roland caught sight of the blonde's sword.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Roland groaned before facepalming. "You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of Old?"

"Well, some of us. High King Peter, the Magnificent." Peter held out his hand for then to shake.

"You probably could've left off the last bit." The eldest girl mumbled with a small smirk.

Trumpkin began to laugh. "Probably."

"You might be surprised." Peter withdrew his sword and held it out to Roland.

"Oh, you don't want to do that, boy. He's a knight of Narnia." Trumpkin smirked at the conflict about to take place.

"Not me. Him." Peter nudged his head towards his younger brother. Roland took grip of Peter's sword. Trumpkin took a step back with a smirk plastered on his face. Roland twirled the sword a few times before the younger boy struck his blade with his own. Roland, of course, saw it coming and blocked it with a smirk.

Roland hit the boy's face with the pommel of the sword. "Edmund!" The youngest girl shrieked.

"Oh, you alright?" Edmund deftly moved out of the way of another of Roland's hits. Edmund eventually knocked the sword from Roland's hands. Roland looked from Edmund to the sword on the ground in shock.