Reader x Barry

"Y/N!!!" Barry screamed, running into the house. Y/N sighed annoyingly and looked up from her book at the blonde boy. "What is it this time?" Y/N replies, as the boy grins. "I got a rare pokemon! A shiny Magicarp! Oooh! I'll train it to become an awesome red Gyrados! Just wait and see!" Barry smiled wide. Y/N took a closer look at the Magicarp.

"Uuh.. Barry?" Y/N wiped the side of the Magicarp, revealing the gold on it to be paint, showing red under it. "Gah! What did you do?! You made it lose it's shininess!!" Barry yelps, snatching it away from her. "It's not shiny! You got scammed!" Y/N hollers.

Barry gasps, dropping the Magicarp in the river, and it splashed away. "But.. But.. I traded a really great pokemon for that shiny.." He teared up and curled into a ball, rocking back and forth.

Y/N rolled her eyes and rubbed his back. "You gotta stop trading pokemon with that guy with the weird face.." She whispered in the most comforting voice she could muster.

"I-I'm just too oblivious for my own good!" Barry yells to himself and sniffled. He was gonna cry.

"Oblivious in more ways than you think..." Y/N murmured sadly to herself. The blonde boy looked up at her confused. "H-Huh?" He wipes his eyes to look at her.

"... Nothing... Just... Don't get too down about it." Y/N sighs and walks down the river, leaving Barry to stop and process what she said.

Y/N liked Barry for years... Since they met. Each time she tried to tell him... He would think she meant as a friend. She sighed softly as she kicked a pebble into the river, eyes locked to the ground.

"... He's oblivious... Why do I like him?" She asks herself as she stops at a waterfall. "... Why can't I stop thinking about him?"

"Thinking about who?" Barry asked as he appeared out of nowhere. Y/N yelps, almost falling off the waterfall. "Don't scare me like that!" She hisses.

"I'm sorry- I just..." He looked down a bit and sighed. "I feel terrible. My obliviousness annoys you... And I can't help but feel like I've been hurting you... Is that true?" He asked softly.

Y/N's expression softened. "No no no, Barry... You're not hurting me--"

"Then tell me who you like." Barry said firmly folding his arms across his chest. "Huh?.." She blinks. 'I've told him I liked him.. But he took it as friends. How will this be any different?' She asks in her head.

"My attention is on you. I don't want you to feel ignored by my oblivious behaviour." He says, stepping closer. "Please tell me. I want to be here for you."

Y/N smiles softly, confusing the boy. "Instead of telling you.. Why don't I show you?" She asks. Barry looks around. "Who? Where's he?" He asks constantly.

"... Barry." She sighs, slightly annoyed. "Huh?" Barry turns back to her, only to be kissed by Y/N. Both blushed brightly as Y/N stepped back, rubbing her arm shyly.

"... Understand now?" She asks curiously. Barry processed this...

Ding!

"Oooooh... That kind of like!"

Y/N face palmed.

"I'm in love with an idiot."

"An oblivious idiot!" Barry corrected with a goofy grin, and kissed her cheek. Y/N blushed again as Barry ran off. "I'll cya later!!"