1

Shout out to Cowgirlzeddison! Thank you for picking the name for the main character!

*Zara*

I'm a zombie. My mom was raped by a male zombie years before. My dad isn't really happy that I'm one of those "Dead eyed freaks" but he loves me all the same. I've adjusted my Z band so that I look like a human girl with red hair and blue eyes.

 "Zara, you don't have to go to school if you're not ready." Dad says.

 "Matt, she's ready. Let her go. Zara, don't forget to ask about the ingredients in the lunch foods." Mom states.

Mom worries that I will eat something with dairy included, since I'm Lactose Intolerant.

 "Yeah, I will. Bye!" I assured her and headed out the door.

My bestie, Addison meets me as I leave my house. We walk to school, where I see him. My first crush is on a zombie boy. I just stare at him, not paying attention to Addi. I watch as he enters a room.

 "Z? Hello, earth to Zara! What are you staring at?" Addi waves her hand in front of my face.

 "N-nothing. Let's go." I shook my head, refocusing my attention on Addison.

 "You have a crush on that zombie boy, don't you?" Addi smiles.

 "N-no. Why would you think that?" I tried not stuttered.

 "You have those goo-goo eyes. Let's go talk to him!" Addi grins.

She pulls me to a room labeled ZOMBIE SAFE ROOM, the room designed to hide in or to place wounded people from rogue zombie attacks. We see someone else there. The boy I was staring at is here.

 "Zed, Is that you?" Addi calls out.

 "Hi Addison. How are you?" The boy, Zed, greets.

 "Great! This is my best friend Zara. Zara, this is Zed. I met him last year, during our freshman year" Addi introduces me.

 "N-nice to meet you. I'm new to this school. First year of high school!" I awkwardly cheer.

 "Well, it's nice to meet you too. Addi, you have a beautiful friend just like you." Zed smiles.

I blush. Zed leaves for class and so do we.