3

*Zed*

I was on my way home when a certain zombie boy tried stealing some of my gum.

 "Bonzo! That's mine! Why don't you buy some of your own?" I asked, pulling the pack of gum away from him.

 "Because I like stealing yours. Here, your girlfriend  asked me to give this." Bonzo said in teasing tone.

He thrust a paper into my hands before running off. I read it.

Dear Zed, 

Meet me at the Zombie bash tonight at 7. I want to get things going between us.

Yours, Zara.

I smiled and decided to go. I haven't liked a girl since Addison came. But now Addi is dating Bonzo, so Zara's mine.

*Zara*

Oh, geez. Am I really doing this? Am I really going to tell Zed that I'm a zombie too? I'm not too sure I should. Eliza comes and rubs my back, sensing my discomfort.

"You can do it. Zed will still love you. I mean, like you. I mean..." Eliza trips over her words.

 "El, I get it. Thanks." I laugh.

She smiled and left to get ready. Zed came with a smile that would split his face in half.

 "So, gorgeous, what's on your mind?" Zed asked in flirtatious voice.

 "First, did you talk this sweetly to Addi?" I asked, a bit teasingly.

 "No, I mean yes, I mean..." Zed stumbled over his words.

 "Zed, you don't have to tell me. I just really wanted to tell you that..... I'm a........Nevermind." I began then stopped.

 "Are a what? You can tell me." Zed coaxed. I drew a deep breath and let it out slowly before telling him.

 "I'm a zombie." I said softly.

I then swiped to the right on my Z band. Suddenly I was in my zombie form.

 "Woah. You're even more beautiful as a zombie as a human. But why do you hide it?" Zed said.

 "My parents are humans. No, I'm not adopted. My mom conceived me; she was raped by one of you. I guess the zombie genes stayed after she aborted the baby. So ever since I could walk, I've been swiping to the right but beeps to tell me when I will turn into a zombie again." I explained. 

 "Wow. That's, um, cool? Sorry about that. So, wait, if you're a zombie... then you could die eating diary!" Zed exclaimed.

 "How?" I asked, tilting my head a bit.

 "If a zombie is allergic to a specific type of food, then when he or she consumes it, the result is a trip to the hospital or worse. Death." Zed explained.

 "Oh my. Now I'm scared. Do you think Bucky would want to try to give me dairy?" I said.

 "Why would he do that? He doesn't hate zombies. Or not as much as he used to." Zed asked.

 "He always would tease me whenever I came over for a sleepover with Addison. Now he has another reason to add to the teasing list. His list is

1.Tease Zara about her freckles.

2. Tease Zara about her feet (my feet are very tiny)

3. Tease Zara about her braces.

4. Now start teasing Zara about her lactose intolerance." I listed.

 "I won't let him tease you. Pinkie promise." Zed held up his pinkie. I giggled and wrapped my around his.

 "Thanks. I think you'd make a great boyfriend." I smiled.

After the bash, I went home as Zara. Hopefully tomorrow Bucky doesn't tease me, or worse bribe me into eating dairy.

*Time skip to next day*

*texting*

Zara_girl26:Hey, Addi! Ready to hear some scary news?

Addi_Cheerchamp: What's the news?

Zara_girl26: I'm not who you think I am. I'm a zombie.

Addi_Cheerchamp: WHAT!?! Let me guess, you have been adjusting you Z band to look like a human this whole ten years!?! Yay! My bestie is a zombie!

Zara_girl26: U're not scared or mad that I kept this a secret?

Addi_Cheerchamp: No! I'm totally happy to have a zombie as a friend- Zed, Eliza and Bonzo are zombies and I'm friends with them. Gtg. See u at school!

*Zed*

Wow. my crush is a zombie like me! At lunch, I paid specific attention to Zara and Bucky. Bucky mostly. I think I saw one of his Aceys near our table when Zara told us about no dairy. I was right.

"We couldn't but over hear that Zara is lactose intolerant. How inconvenient!" Lacey said in a fake concerned tone of voice.

 "I don't think Bucky wants an apple-only eater on the cheer squad." Tracey chimed in.

"You wouldn't want to get on Bucky's teasing side, do you? It's not fun being teased for endless days." Stacey added.

 "Aceys! What are you talking abou-Zara! Long time no see!" Bucky greeted as he walked up to our table. 

 "Zara is lactose intolerant." Tracey informed Bucky.

 "Is this true? Well, thank you for the notice. I shall have to write this down on my already existing teasing list about you, won't I?" Bucky smirked.

 "Bucky, leave Zara alone. Would you want to be teased about you and Tracey being the only male cheerleaders on the squad?" I asked, knowing that would bother him.

Bucky and the Aceys left without saying another word. Zara came over and pecked me on the cheek.

"Thank you, Zed. You're my hero." Zara smiled.

I blushed a deep red. Everyone (except Zara) laughed knowing I was happy that Zara kissed me. I will pay them back.