19

*Zed*

So after talking with Zoey, I left and I thought I would have a nice walk to Zara. I was wrong. I bumped into Zara, who had an unamused face. 

 "I heard everything you said. I knew you would just fill her head with more words." Zara hissed.

 "Words? Ummm, I don't remember saying anything bad." I said, confused.

 "So you're saying friggin' isn't bad?" Zara folded her arms and rose and eyebrow.

"Oh. About that...I was only upset at her and it just slipped out." I said sheepishly.

 "Yeah, like I would believe that. Anyway, I came to ask you if we could take one final walk to Angie's. It may be the last time we see her." Zara said, then used puppy-dog eyes.

 "Yes! Just stop with the puppy-eyes!" I laughed as I covered my eyes.

We told the adults and took a walk. I knew this meant a lot to Zar; Angie was the first person to help us get around Boston. She was a total stranger working at the restaurant where we stopped to eat.   

 "Zara! Zed! My favorite customers! What can I do for you today?" Angie grinned as she approached our table.

 "We'd like two aci swirl ice cream sundaes, please." Zara requested. Angie smiled and left to get our orders.

 "Angie, thanks for all you've done for us." I said with a smile once she came back with our shakes. 

 "You say that like you're leaving for good." Angie somewhat pouted and sighed. She took a seat in an empty chair.

"I'm healed! And now we won't be needing to stay here in Boston. Boy, how I'm gonna miss these shakes." Zara smiled. Angie smiled.

 "Zed, what's up? You seem lost in thought." Angie asked.

"What? Oh, I was just thinking about how I almost lost Zara, like I lost Mom and Zoey's twin sister Zille. It's all my fault that Mom died and why Zille disappeared. I left Zille alone outside as a one-year-old and Mom got hit by the semi-truck trying to stop Zille from crawling onto the road." I briefly explained after seeing Angie's confused expression.

 "Zed, you never told me that Zoey had a twin! And I'm so sorry." Zara said.

 "Now that's just sad. I know what it feels like to lose a parent. I lost both." Angie shared.

 "Angie, I'm so sorry." Zara and I said.

 "I'm fine. Anyway, promise me that you will come back and take me to Seabrook?" Angie smiled hopefully.

 "Yes! We will!" Zara beamed. Once our snack was finished, we gave Angie hugs.

We said goodbye and went back to the hotel.