2

* Zara*

At lunch I was ready to see Zed's handsome face again. As I walked pass all the food items, I realized I couldn't have anything. So I just grabbed an apple.

 "Why are you having only an apple when there's so many good eats there?" Addi asked as I sit down at the table.

 "Did you see the Brains in a can and decide that was gross?" Zed joked.

 "No, I can't have anything because mostly everything has dairy in it. I'm lactose intolerant." I sighed.

Everyone suddenly stopped eating and stared at me.

 "What's the matter?" I asked.

 "Nothing, it's just strange to hear that an actual human is lactose intolerant." Zed's friend Eliza stated.

 "What she means is that we heard stories that humans died after eating or drinking milk. Or cheese. We really didn't believe it." Zed clarified.

 "Will you actually die after eating dairy?" Bonzo, another of Zed's friends asked.

 "Bonzo! That's not polite to ask! Sorry Zara." Eliza scolded.

 "It's okay. No I won't, all I get are very painful cramps and maybe a visit to the hospital." I shrugged.

We finish eating. We all got up just as my Z band beeped, telling me I was about to turn into my zombie self. I hurried to the bathroom, feeling someone following me. I shook the feeling off as I stepped into a stall.  When I returned to my fake human image Eliza was standing right outside my stall.

 "Why are you hiding the fact you are a zombie?" Eliza confronted me.

 "How'd you know?" I asked, knowing it was pointless to deny anything. 

 "I know a zombie faking to be a human like the back of my hand. Now why?" Eliza said.

 "My parents are humans. It'll look weird if I was a zombie and they're not." I sighed, telling her the truth.

 "You don't need to hide it. Zed is smitten with you and I bet he would love to know you are another zombie." Eliza said.

We continued to talk until the bell rang. I told Eliza that I would stay a human for the rest of the day, then to Zed the truth.