16

*Addison*

I kept telling Zed it wasn't his fault but he didn't listen. So I gave up and called Bucky to take me home.

*Zoey*

When we arrived at the hospital, Dad hurried over to Zed and started to talk in rapid Zombie. His face had tear stains.

 "Zed, goat zig giz zoat zink zpink? (Zed, are you thinking about them again?)" Dad asked.

"Zup. (Yup.)" Zed answered.

 "Zit's Zot goat zoat zpinkaulayt. (It's not your fault they died.)" Dad stated.

"Zing, zut vat if Zara zits zigs gaot zug? (I know, but what if I lose Zara like We lost them?)" Zed asked.

 "Zho's zthem? (Who's them?) And, zan zwe zugat zspeaking zin Zombie? (And can we stop speaking in Zombie?)" I spoke up.

 "Sorry, we're talking about Zille and Mom." Zed switched back and sighed.

 "Zille? Who's she?" I asked, confused.

"Your twin sister. She and your mom died in an accident that Zed won't stop blaming himself for." Dad briefly explained.

 "What happened?" I asked, pressing for more.

 "You and Zille were only one and I left Zille outside when Mom called us to lunch. We all tried to save her from going on the road but-but-" Zed trailed off. I could see the pain etched on his face.

 "But a truck came and couldn't stop in time. It hit Zille and Mom, killing Mom. Zille disappeared." Dad finished.

 "Gosh! And Zed's still sad about it?" I gasped, not come off as rude.

 "Yes, and it's harder for him because he saw the blood." Dad replied.

 "And the reason I'm remembering this is- what if I lose Zara as I lost them? What if she dies? What if we don't get to have our happy ever after?" Zed listed a worry after another.

 "Here comes the doc, maybe he has good news that will answer your questions." I announced, trying to change the subject.

 "She has a major concussion, a fractured collarbone but other than that, she's good to go home!" The doctor smiled.

We thanked the doc and went in to see her. She had a bandages around her neck and top torso, probably to keep her collarbone still.

 "Hey." Zara croaked.

 "Hey Zar, how are you feeling?" Zed asked.

 "Fine. Actually I have a story to tell you. But I want to wait till Mom and Dad are in the room too, along with you. I called them already." Zara replied.

As on cue, her parents walked in.

*Zara*

 "So what's this story about?" Zed asked, sounding interested.

 "Okay. So after I got hit by the curling stone, I died. I went to heaven and saw God. He and I had a conversation..." I began as my mind began to remember.

Flashback

"Lord, I want to stay with you. I don't want any more pain." I said to God.

 "No, Zara. You need to stay with Zed and your family. I promise you that everything will be better. Will you fear no more?" God stated.

"Yes, I will fear no more." I answered.

I'm wishing I could see the finish line
Where it ends, where it lands
Guess I lost my vision when the pain set in

Can I believe when I don't see?
Can I really let it be out of my hands?

When it's out of my hands

This isn't what I'd choose
But it's where I'm finding You

When I'm broken and undone
Your mercy's just begun
You overcome my doubt
Your hands are reaching out
You hold me through the storm
And I will fear no more

(And) I will fear no more

I can't look into the future but
I know where You have been
Before me, after, and always within

But can I believe when I don't see?
Can I really let it be out of my hands?
'Cause it's out of my hands, oh

This isn't what I'd choose
But it's where I'm finding You
When I'm broken and undone
Your mercy's just begun

You overcome my doubt
Your hands are reaching out
You hold me through the storm
And I will fear no more

(And I will fear no more)

I'm not giving up
I'm giving in
To what You've planned

For Your glory
Not giving up (I'm not giving up)

I'm giving in (I'm giving in)
To what You've planned

For Your glory
I'm not giving up, oh
It's for Your glory

This isn't what I'd choose
But it's where I'm finding You

When I'm broken and undone
Your mercy's just begun

You overcome my doubt
Your hands are reaching out

You hold me through the storm
And I will fear no more

(And) I will fear no more
(I will never give, I will never give in)
And I will fear no more

(I will never give, I will never give in)
I will fear no more!

End of flashback...

"And so, I think my stomach problem is fixed!" I finished with a smile. 

"We don't know until we try it, you know, try on a pair of button-on jeans." Mom grinned.

Mr. Nedcruplus nodded his head in agreement with Mom and Dad. So after being discharged, we went to try on a pair of jeans.