6

*Zoey*

 Ugh. Ever since Zed started school again, all he's talked about is this new girl Zara. Zara this, Zara that, Zara, Zara, Zara! And now she's in the hospital, Zed is spending more time out.

 "Zed, where are you going?" I asked him as he headed for the door.

 "Oh, um, going out to hang with Bonzo and Eliza...?" Zed lied. I know what's going on.

 "No, you're not. Bonzo is on a date with Addison and Eliza with Bucky. You're going to see that butthole girl again, right?" I said. For the sake of the story, I really can't show what I really said, but you probably know what I said.

 "Woah, Zoey, chill! Since when did fifth graders use that language?" Zed asked.

 "Zoey, don't talk like that. I don't care if it's the new way of talking. For your punishment, you are going the hospital with Zed." Dad scolded.

We left and when we arrived, Zed led me down to the ICU. Woah. Zed must be really serious with this girl, if she is in the ICU. We walk into a room where a zombie girl, with skin paler than the bed sheets, is. Her curly green hair is spread out all over the pillow.

 "Zar,I brought a visitor." Zed announced.

"So this is the fabulous Zoey I've heard so much about. Zed must be a great big brother, is he? I wish I had siblings but I'm fine being the only child." Zara slightly smiled.

"I'm gonna talk with the doctor while you to bond." Zed stated and left.

Great. Note my sarcasm. I don't really want to be left with the freak of a girl.  But I guess I can get to know her.

 "So if I may ask, what's your illness?" I asked, trying not to sound annoyed or rude.

 "I have a defective digestive system." Zara answered.

 "Does it hurt?" I asked.

 "Yeah it does. Zed told me you want to do the cheer team when you go into high school. Can you do one now?" Zara changed the subject. I guess she doesn't like talking about it.

 "Yeah! Have any preferences?" I asked.

 "Can you do one about not dying?" Zara requested.

 "There is power

In the name of Jesus.

There is power

In the name of Jesus 

There is power in the name of Jesus,

Break every chain, break every chain, Break every chain." I sang and danced. It was one I learned at the Christian cheer camp I attended..

 "That was beautiful. Does it mean that whatever I'm going through, Jesus will break my chains?" Zara asked.

 "Yes." I nodded.

We talked for 30 minutes and didn't notice Zed come back into the room.

 "Ahem. I have both good news and bad news. Which first?" Zed cleared his throat.

 "Good news." Zara stated.

 "The good news is you can go home today. The bad news is tomorrow you have to go to Boston, Massachusetts for treatment." Zed announced.

 "That means I'll miss almost all school year. Great. And we have Bucky to thank." Zara grumbled.

 "You're not going alone. I'm going with you." Zed added. 

 "Zed, you can't!" I cried out. 

 "Zoey's right. I can't have you miss school just for me." Zara agreed. I guess she's not so bad.

 "No, I'm going. I promised you parents that I would stay by your side throughout this to the end. That means going with you to Boston. Besides, a whole school year too long to be away from my girlfriend." Zed said, ending with a smirk.

"Zed, I-I don't know what to say. Thank you!" Zara smiled.

I looked away as the two lovebirds kissed. Is dating always this gross? Now I'm not too sure that I want to date when I'm allowed. It's just pure gross and disgusting.