18

On Friday, roughly a week after seeing Jacob, Renesmee invites him out. But there is a catch - Wyatt is also invited, though neither guy knows that the other is coming.

Renesmee has planned to announce her decision with both of them present. She wants to do it that way. Sure, it's not a very mature way to do so, she could have done it more privately, but she feels like it will cause fewer conflicts if they are in a public place.

When the day finally comes, Renesmee closes her journal in which she has been writing for the past couple of days and skips downstairs. Unlike the previous week, she doesn't feel awkward. Instead, she is radiating confidence. She is about to be honest with the two most important men in her life.

Outside of her house is parked her teacher's car, where her friends and the teacher are waiting. They are going to be next to her as she shares her final decision. They are the ones who have helped her and have stuck with her through this difficult period of her life.

The coffee shop is tiny and half-empty. Perfect for the occasion.

"Everything is going to be okay. If they don't accept your decision, then it's their fault, not yours, okay?", the teacher cannot help but instruct her student. She sincerely hopes the day will end as good as it possibly can.

Just in time, both Jacob and Wyatt arrive at the coffee shop.

Okay. Time for the plan.

Renesmee gracefully stands up and faces them. And when Wyatt's eyes meet Jacob's, all he wants is to break his jaw. He doesn't care that he will be sent to children's pedagogics room and everything will be on his permanent record, bruising his future. All he cares is Renesmee's wellbeing.

Alas, Wyatt cannot move from his place, much like Renesmee hasn't been able to some time ago. Besides, violence is never okay and he knows that.

"Thank you for coming," the hybrid speaks, "It truly means a lot to me."

She turns to her teacher and her friends and smiles at them, before facing the guys again.

"I called you both here because this is an important moment for me," she continues. Luckily for everyone, the very few people at the cafe are paying no attention to the group of literal children and two adults with them.

Renesmee takes a deep breath and clears her throat before announcing her decision.

And it should not be a surprise what she wants. More like, who she wants.

She takes a step forward to her best friend, "I am ready to move on and to grow up."

A silence steps in and replaces everything else among the students, their teacher and the shapeshifter. The teacher's eyes are full of tears. She can't believe how much Renesmee has grown up in a short amount of time. From a girl who was timid because of a trauma to a young lady who is taking on the world. The teacher cannot help but feel proud. Her heart is full. She has accomplished something grand.

Wyatt's eyes are as wide as pancakes. He cannot believe that Renesmee has chosen him. Especially after the history she's had with Jacob.

But why on earth would she do that?

Betrayal. That is why. Once is enough to change a person. And Renesmee does not want to be stuck. She is ready to move on. She is ready to truly change her life. It's gonna be a long road, but she knows she can do it.

Renesmee smiles at him and quotes the story Jacob used to tell her when she was younger, "The wolf might have imprinted on the princess, but she found the prince. And he is not the wolf."

With that Wyatt cups Renesmee's face with his palms and without hesitation presses his lips on hers.

THE END