7

NOW

A blank sheet is placed on Renesmee's desk as her fingers are squeezing tightly a pen. She desperately needs to focus on her assignment and prove herself to her teacher and to her friends. But how? It's more than evident that her teacher can see right through her student. Renesmee's lies and hidden truths will be debunked at some point.

Perhaps the truth should shine? Isn't it about time anyway?

She rapidly shakes her head. She can't let herself be broken. She has worked so hard to get to where she is today.

She takes a deep breath, like her uncle Jasper has taught her to. A worried expression forms on her face. She wishes she had anyone to talk to at the moment. Her whole family is running errands and she does not want to disturb them. She can't speak to her friends either. Not after proudly claiming she would write to her grandfather in Forks.

At this moment, as if her thoughts are being read by someone else besides her father. She receives a message from Wyatt. Who else? It seems like nobody cares about her enough.

Hey :) , he has written to her. She finds herself smiling at his message. Wyatt can always make her feel better. Almost the same way her uncle Jasper can.

She quickly types a reply, feeling blessed and giddy. For a moment, it seems to her that her old self is back. That feeling is quickly replaced by anxiety about her assignment. She hasn't written anything yet and she needs to finish it as soon as possible to get it out of her mind and move on with her life.

At this moment, she has to make a decision: to be honest or to continue living in hiding. It's not like she can't start over. But that would be the easy way. Running away from the problem is never the solution.

Perhaps she has to be honest about it with herself and everybody around her.

And with that, the first words of her letter slowly appear on her sheet of paper:

Dear Jacob.