10

Fuck... fuck fuck fuck!

What has Renesmee done?

"Fuck," she cusses under her breath for what feels like the millionth time, trying to control her breathing. Her heart is beating almost as fast as she

She covers her mouth with her palms, terrified of what is going to come out of it, as tears are threatening to stream down her even paler than usual face.

Her ears, always pricked, catch the sound of footsteps nearing the toilets. She can't let anyone find her like that. She can't let anybody see her weak.

The door bursts open to reveal two girls that Renesmee cannot see from where she is hiding. Alas she suspects it must be her friends. Who else? Unfortunately, too many people have witnessed what has just happened between her and Wyatt.

Wyatt.

What if he can never look her in the eyes ever again? Simply because he believes she doesn't feel the same way?

She is afraid. Her heart has been broken by the person she has trusted the most. How can she open up like that again? It's a miracle she hasn't ended up as a friendless loser at school.

"Renesmee?", one of her friends calls.

"Are you here?", another chimes in.

The young girl stays silent, afraid any sound she accidentally makes, whether that's breathing or coughing, will reveal it's truly her who is hiding in the bathroom like a pathetic little child, instead of being a mature sixteen-year-old and facing the problem, like her parents would have done had they been the same age as her again. At least that is what she believes - that her parents would have been strong. She doesn't think she is strong. She thinks she is weak. She feels broken. Can anything give her the motivation to repair herself?

"Renesmee? We know you're here," there is a note of worry in the voice of her friend.

The hybrid has no choice but to get back on her feet and face the horrible reality where she has disappointed everyone, including herself. She opens the cubicle door and is immediately pulled into a bone-crushing hug by both her friends.

"Never scare us like that," they tell her, one of them almost about to cry herself, the other trying to stay strong for the sake of everyone.

*

Class comes sooner than everyone have preferred to and with that it's time to send the letters, written carefully with love. For that, the teacher has taken the students to the post office where the students will learn how to properly send their letters. Everybody is excited to choose a stamp!

Renesmee is shifting her weight from one foot to another, while waiting for her turn. And when it finally comes, she needs some time to collect herself.

This is it. The moment she has been waiting for since she was thirteen. If Jacob has any dignity, if he still has a heart, not only he will reply, but for sure he will come and explain everything. And then it will be like in the past.

Oh, how foolish Renesmee is! But who can blame her? She is young, she is hurt...

Taking a deep breath, Renesmee finally sends her letter with nothing but good feelings and hope. And it feels as if a stone has fallen from her heart.